What the best way to calculate calories in this dish?

Options
This is something we haven't had in a few years and my family has been asking me to make it. I know it's a lot of calories but here it is. We peel potatoes, dig in the middle and remove a large part. Then after sautéing that part with onions and ground beef we stuff it back in the potatoes and usually fry for a little and finish off on oven but I'm thinking this time I'm just going to put in the oven without frying. How can I calculate this accurately?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Weigh all the ingredients. Add everything to the recipe calculator. Decide how many servings and enter that. Make sure to measure it how so you know how much is in a serving once it's cooked. Eat one serving.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would use the recipe builder to manually enter the recipe. Weigh the potatoes, onion, ground beef, and any oil/butter used for frying. Enter the raw weights into the recipe builder. Cook the recipe and then weigh the completed recipe. Then enter the cooked weight in grams as the serving size. When you log the recipe, enter the weight in grams of your portion.

ETA: Here's the link for the recipe builder: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    The only way to accurately calculate the calories would be to use the recipe builder.