Trying to lose 20 pounds

Options
Must work on control!!!

Replies

• Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I am finding in my brand new journey that logging my food helps tremendously!!! ESPECIALLY, if I log it before eating! For example, I wanted a yam last night, but when I entered it, I saw that it was a lot of carbs right before bedtime, so I deleted it and didn't eat it. It's kinda like the numbers are the control for me. :)
  • amandacagle560
    amandacagle560 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya!!! Would love if you'd add me as a friend so we can help motivate each other!
  • GiovannaD20
    GiovannaD20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Working out, maintaining how much food you eat, and motivation.....
  • hurst66kim
    hurst66kim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat some night maybe 30 calories over that not good
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I try to just close the kitchen up mentally after 7 PM. It's something that works for me. I sometimes have my biggest meal at lunchtime, and just something small at dinner. I still cook for husband and son, just play chef. I always eat breakfast though. The most important ingredient in my food preparation is my MOOD! lol So sometimes I fix my food first then theirs.
  • Katelinanne13
    Katelinanne13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've eliminated drinking alcohol (red wine) and dropped from 141 to 135.8 in 7 days just from the detoxing. Learning to count my calories has been GREAT for me!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    With 20 lbs. to lose, I hope you've set up MFP to lose at a rate of 1 lb. or less per week. This should give you a reasonable amount of calories to work with. If you add exercise, you can "earn" more calories.
  • pmoran525
    pmoran525 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can count me in too. Been losing the same 20-25 lbs now. Fell off the wagon a little over the weekend. But jumped right back on this morning.