Jawbone UP2 and MFP

Options
I got a Jawbone UP2 for Christmas and while I think it tracks well when I paired it with MFP it was giving me back a RIDICULOUS amount of calories - pretty much my whole day's worth. And I did not earn it. I emailed Jawbone support but they weren't very helpful - has anyone else had this problem? If so what was the fix?

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have an Up3 and after the first 2 weeks mine definitely leveled out to only give me what I deserve. What kind of adjustment is it giving you?
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The other day I wasn't feeling very well so I didn't move very much at all. I think I took 4.5k steps and it gave me back 1100 calories!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    Options
    On top of Mfp's cal goal? Maybe try disconnecting and reconnecting your Up2 from mfp. Also check your settings on jawbone. If I take 4500 steps I might get 20-45 cals.
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I disconnected twice - the second time I did a soft reboot on the UP2 to see if it would help. Yeah, that is about what I would get back when I was using my Fitbit but the Jawbone is a little crazy!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I have an Up3 and after the first 2 weeks mine definitely leveled out to only give me what I deserve. What kind of adjustment is it giving you?

@ForeverSunshine09 that's really comforting to hear. I just got an UP3 a couple days ago and it's giving me psychotic burns. Should I try anything special? The problem is not MFP, the problem is in the UP app itself. It's giving me 900 EXTRA calories for 10k steps right now. Those 10k steps were walking at a very slow and plodding pace and I would be wasting away if that activity was burning that much for me. Did you do anything special or did it just even out over time? I emailed their support but haven't heard back.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    Options
    I didn't do anything. I read from several Ppl that most fitness tracker take 2-3 weeks to learn your daily routine and HR stuff since you have the Up3. I was burning something like 5-700 cals supposedly a day the first 2 weeks. Walking like 4-6000 steps. I have taken 9,900 steps today and I have gotten about 251 extra cal added. Some of those may drop off later in the day
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I didn't do anything. I read from several Ppl that most fitness tracker take 2-3 weeks to learn your daily routine and HR stuff since you have the Up3. I was burning something like 5-700 cals supposedly a day the first 2 weeks. Walking like 4-6000 steps. I have taken 9,900 steps today and I have gotten about 251 extra cal added. Some of those may drop off later in the day

That's good stuff. 250 seems reasonable for ~10k steps. I'll just be patient. I've un-synced MFP with UP for now (since the last couple days it was giving MFP like 1700 extra calories) but it will be nice if it can chill out and come up with some more reasonable burns.

• ForeverSunshine09
    Options
    I just rarely ate burns til it got more reasonable.