Best Meal Delivery?

Options
I'm thinking about trying a meal delivery service in San Francisco. I've heard of Freshology, Diet-to-Go and Bistrot MD. Any recommendations? I don't care about the price difference I just want the one that is most healthy, will deliver results, and convenient (delivery).

Thanks!

Anita

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help! I've heard good things about Diet-to-Go, but they looked really expensive for what they were. I looked into Freshology awhile back and didn't like any of the meal plans that I saw. I ended up getting a Grub Market Organics Fruit and Vegetable box instead. I still have to plan and prepare meals, but at least I get new different ingredients every week.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    What is it that you're looking for with the deliveries? I'm afraid I cant recommend any as I'm from the UK, but if you want meals delivered for a specific reason maybe we could help you come up with some other ideas? Would you be buying in every meal or making some of your own? Maybe you could try bulk cooking and see if that gives you the desired results? :)
  • gwayby
    gwayby Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I live in Chicago and use Sprig when I dont feel like cooking. They have low cal options and usually deliver within 20 minutes, can't beat that! I believe they also service the Bay Area.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    nitaaaaa wrote: »
    I'm thinking about trying a meal delivery service in San Francisco. I've heard of Freshology, Diet-to-Go and Bistrot MD. Any recommendations? I don't care about the price difference I just want the one that is most healthy, will deliver results, and convenient (delivery).

Thanks!

Anita

What kind of results are you talking about? Weight loss? If so, make sure these meals include a nutritional breakdown and calorie count.

• nitaaaaa
    nitaaaaa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose weight but at a slow enough pace that it stays off not crash dieting. I've ordered one week of BistrotMD and after that two weeks (the minimum) of Freshology to test them out! I'm really quite excited - even if I don't end up losing weight - just to lose the daily decision making struggle and failure about deciding what to eat will be nice. Hopefully, I'll be able to stick to it!! I've gained 20 lbs in the last five weeks from job search stress so need to try something ASAP!
  • nitaaaaa
    nitaaaaa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    gwayby wrote: »
    I live in Chicago and use Sprig when I dont feel like cooking. They have low cal options and usually deliver within 20 minutes, can't beat that! I believe they also service the Bay Area.

I often use Sprig but many of the options are 700 calories plus and that isually doesn't include condiments or dressings so it's hard to stay under 1200 with all their yummy options!