anyone else love sour cream too? well try this!

Options
Tribbey143
Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
I just substituted Greek yogurt for sour cream and it's was absolutely genius!

GET THIS...2 tbs of sour cream is 6 grams of FAT per serving and the Greek yogurt was ZERO grams of fat at 4 oz per serving...best decision ever, try it you might like it too! and 60 cals per serving for Greek yogurt vs 70 cals per serving of sour cream!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Yep LOVE Fage 0% greek yogurt for all kinds of stuff.

If you have a Costco card, you can get the plain fage in a big tub for about $6...double the size in a regular store. Great price!! They also have chobani flavored ones too.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Is it good on stuff like baked potatoes?
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    i absolutrly love sour cream will have to try it
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    People have been subbing yogurt (not just greek style) for sour cream and other things since the 80's when the low fat scare hit the world- ever hear of Graham Kerr aka The Galloping Gourmet or Jeff Smith aka the Frugal Gourmet? Strain yogurt in cheese cloth for a day or two in your fridge and use it instead of cream cheese. You can even make it at home with no special equipment.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Non-fat Greek Gods is 10 calories per ounce. I use it for the same thing. I usually stir in a little garlic powder and eat it straight or use it as a dip. So yummy. So calorie-friendly!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Strain yogurt in cheese cloth for a day or two in your fridge and use it instead of cream cheese. You can even make it at home with no special equipment.

Mmm...labneh. :heart:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/McKayMachina/view/lebanese-cream-cheese-60-fewer-calories-82285
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    i totally use greek yogurt on anything i'd put sour cream on! i also mix it with those chip dip powder mixes and it tastes just like chip dip :)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I love the plain no fat Chobani. Use it like sour cream, put spices in it for a veggie dip, put fruit or sweetener in it. It's a pretty versatile thing.
  • firedrgn2000
    Options
    I use it in place of mayonnaise too. It's a wonderful thing.
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I use plain yogurt to replace all the creams, mayo, dressings, that i used to use. I made an amazing chicken creamy basil garlic noodle dish and it was almost zero fat low calories and very tasty everyone loved it. i just replaced the cream sauce with plain yogurt and 1% milk.

Oh i made those diet cupcakes last week and i put yogurt on top with light jam and i saved over 70 calories just on the icing topping.
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    also I make annies mac and cheese and don't put in any butter or salt or milk and use greek yogurt and it gives it a great tangy taste!