Help with motivation please

Options
Hi well I thought I was doing good and for the past two weeks icant stick to eating right at all I feel horible if anyone has any tips I would really appreciate any help.

Replies

• holdenmonty
    holdenmonty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have talked to several people and even myself have tried to eat healthy but then falling off the wagon so to speak and start back with my bad habits. I think the key is to allow yourself to treat yourself to not as healthy stuff from time to time. For example with me in this last year I have discovered that I enjoy beer especially all the different micro breweries here in Colorado Springs, and have increased body fat quite a bit so I need to cut down on how much I drink. I drink because it taste good and the alcohol is just an added benefit but I need to start using it as a treat and not an all the time thing. So maybe if you treat yourself here and there then it might be a little bit easier to eat right more consistently. Also from your profile picture it looks like you are a busy mom and it is really easy to just eat anything and not pay attention to eating right. I have two boys a two and four year old and trying to motivate myself to eat right when they don't want to eat any vegetables makes it tough.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Look up "Stages of Readiness" and you'll find yourself falling into one of the stages: pre-contemplation, contemplation, preparation, action, and relapse. Don't let your relapse become your spiral back to bad habits. Acknowledge your setback and get back to your actions! Hope this helps :) Feel free to add me. I'm a chronic dieter and finally found what works for me. No excuses!
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Choose one thing to focus on. For me it's usually breakfast. Start your day with a good, balanced breakfast. For each day that you accomplish your mini-goal, you'll feel more in control. It's when we get overwhelmed and everything seems to be out of our control that we succumb to the chaos (at least that's how it is for me). When I feel I can control breakfast, I move on to my next mini-goal. All those mini-goals are like pieces of a puzzle - you put them all together to make up the bigger picture.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I struggle with that. Even while eating something I know will push me over my macros and yelling mentally at myself that I'm sabotaging, I still do it. But what is important is to focus on figuring out what causes that, is it guilt, is it being tired, is it depression? Is there some reason you're not eating within your macros (ie too tired to make something)? Do you have 'forbidden' foods and end up binging? FYI, no such thing as forbidden foods, just foods that give you more bang for the nutritional buck but it's all just calories in the end.
    The most important thing I've been working on is don't punish yourself for what you did. It happened, and just move forward. If I guilt myself into thinking "screw it, already messed up" I'm going to have a really bad day/weekend/etc. I didn't eat right ok I see it, I know it. Now I have to refocus and get back to it.
  • luckyjen1976
    luckyjen1976 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have talked to several people and even myself have tried to eat healthy but then falling off the wagon so to speak and start back with my bad habits. I think the key is to allow yourself to treat yourself to not as healthy stuff from time to time. For example with me in this last year I have discovered that I enjoy beer especially all the different micro breweries here in Colorado Springs, and have increased body fat quite a bit so I need to cut down on how much I drink. I drink because it taste good and the alcohol is just an added benefit but I need to start using it as a treat and not an all the time thing. So maybe if you treat yourself here and there then it might be a little bit easier to eat right more consistently. Also from your profile picture it looks like you are a busy mom and it is really easy to just eat anything and not pay attention to eating right. I have two boys a two and four year old and trying to motivate myself to eat right when they don't want to eat any vegetables makes it tough.

Thanks