New 30 Day Shred Support group!!

Options

Replies

• dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    PS Im in Ireland, so obviously times are different, its 21.30pm here, so anyone thinking of starting today its absolutely brilliant!! I found the pushups hard though, and I would have thought my arms were the strongest part of my body....apparently not!!
  • TheGooby
    TheGooby Posts: 22
    Options
    My arms are killing me after doing DAy 1 today! I had shower after and could barely lift them to wash my hair!! Good luck with tomorrow!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    I am in. Starting today, Level 1 for three days and than level 2 after three days.
  • dreamtoned10
    Options
    I am in. Starting today, Level 1 for three days and than level 2 after three days.

Why only 3 days?
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Day one done! Hope we can all walk tomorrow! :laugh:
    If any of you have a monitor, let me know how many calories you burn on a level! Jillian Michaels isn't in the database!

Thanks!

I wore my HRM - burned right at 200 calories.
  • CoilyRob
    CoilyRob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I completed day 1 of level 1. I absolutely cannot do push ups! I'm a little sore, but I will continue:smile: I will check in tomorrow.
  • dreamtoned10
    Options
    Ok so it's 6am here in Ireland, started yesterday 20th, and middle of shoulder blades definitely feeling it!! The rest of me is ok,am going to try 5lbs weights today and see how I get on! Xx
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ok I got the dvd this weekend I am in........just as soon as I am stong enought to get the cellophane off the package. LOL I could be in big trouble here. It is 12:43 am I should be going to bed but I have been reading all the posts of everyone doing this, that i cant wait until tomorrow. If you dont hear from me tomorrow. yikes call 911.
  • Prettyme924
    Prettyme924 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I want to join. I'm going to start tomorrow Tuesday. I brought two dvd the 30 ds and 6 week 6 pack . Im going to push myself to do the shred in the morning the 6 weeks in the noon. Everyone that just started already what size weights are you using ? I'm looking at the dvd and it seem differcult but im def going to push myself. Pictures and measurment tomorrow . Ladies we can do this .
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I stopped a few days ago, decided I wasn't into it.

But I might start it again just to supplement my workouts.

I miss those 1.000 calorie burn days.
  • madivp
    madivp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just in case I dont make it out of bed today. I did day one of 30ds . I did learn a few things. First I will be buying a new sport bra ( for womens eyes only: jumping jacks I thought i was in danger of beating myself to death) Second I am an older woman and feel even older now that I got though the first 20 minutes. Not sure I should count the whole 20 minutes, it did take me longer to get off the floor then it did the 3 girls. But I was mighty proud of myself i did get off the floor with out help LOL. ok maybe that wasnt funny. But I bet getting out of bed tomorrow isnt going to be funny either. I will marvel over muscles i didnt even know i had, and will be thanking jillian for the fun fill evening we spend tonight.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I want to join. I'm going to start tomorrow Tuesday. I brought two dvd the 30 ds and 6 week 6 pack . Im going to push myself to do the shred in the morning the 6 weeks in the noon. Everyone that just started already what size weights are you using ? I'm looking at the dvd and it seem differcult but im def going to push myself. Pictures and measurment tomorrow . Ladies we can do this .

I (and a lot of others I've seen on the forums) use 3lb weights, unless you're used to a lot of strength training, then 5lb may be more suiting.
  • hush7hush
    Options

I (and a lot of others I've seen on the forums) use 3lb weights, unless you're used to a lot of strength training, then 5lb may be more suiting.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ive done it before but I started again today with my daughter at L2 .... still kicks butt!!
  • twistyBee
    twistyBee Posts: 63
    Options
    Woke up early to get my Day 2 in before work and I am definitely feeling it! My lower back is pretty sore...I assume from those darn from arm raises...not sure if I am doing them incorrectly or if that is the targeted area to work?? Insight???
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Woke up early to get my Day 2 in before work and I am definitely feeling it! My lower back is pretty sore...I assume from those darn from arm raises...not sure if I am doing them incorrectly or if that is the targeted area to work?? Insight???

I'd say if you're sore, than you're doing it right. That is one place that really doesn't get worked out much. Goodbye back fat! :wink:

I just finished day 2 too. O.M.G. It was tough! I barely made it through the first circuit, which is the hardest in my opinion. My inner thighs are the most sore today. For all those people that think they are too sore to do it today, I encourage you to stick with it. By the end of it you'll feel much better. Plus I feel so goooood, like I could totally kick someone's *kitten*. ha!

On a side note, I'm supposed to go on a 8 mile bike ride tonight...I'm praying for rain. :laugh:

Great work everyone!

Ps. According to my HRM, I burned 203 calories.
  • googagene
    googagene Posts: 32
    Options
    I've gotta ask. Is anyone else noticing their weight raising in the first few days? I'm on day 4 and my food intake has remained the same at 5 small meals/snacks and 1 bit larger for dinner - 1200-1300 calories high lean protein, low sodium, low carb and I've managed to gain 4 pounds (4 FREAKING POUNDS!) since my start. Could this possibly be muscle? My pants are getting looser every day and I feel great. All the soreness I had from the first 3 days has become a good feeling dull throb just reminding me that I really pushed it this morning. I was really wondering if I was going to be able to lift those weights again yesterday....But, I gotta tell you, that scale is going to get chucked out the window!
  • TheGooby
    TheGooby Posts: 22
    Options
    I think it's quite common to not lose weight or even put it on as you're building up muscle which weighs more than fat but apparently muscle also burns more calories than fat does so the more you build the more calories you burn!! Yay!!!!

I am going to do day 2 just as soon as my dinner has gone down! My daughters boyfriend has lent me some weights which is great cos I was using 2 jars of peppers yesterday!

Glad everyone isn't hurting too much. I don't feel it much today but I think tomorrow might be a different story!

Keep it up everyone :happy:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi I would like to join also...today was D10L2 for me.OMG was level 2 HARD!!!! I got through it and was SWEATING like a CRAZY woman!!!LOL Anyone want to be friends just send me a request!!:smile:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi I would like to join also...today was D10L2 for me.OMG was level 2 HARD!!!! I got through it and was SWEATING like a CRAZY woman!!!LOL Anyone want to be friends just send me a request!!:smile:

Did D1L2 today..OMG this level is NO JOKE!!!! I had sweat pouring in my eyes druing the whole workout!!.I burned 284 caloriesand feel happy that it is over LOL This was my post from this morning....