Snaking problem HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Options
I have noticed that I have recently started to eat alot at night.. like right before i go to bed. I do not feel hungry but I just feel the need to eat something. Does any one have a suggestion on how to curve the cravings or any healthy ideas?

Replies

• lorischlitz
    Options
    Suck on some sugar free candy .. Twizzlers, any hard candy. Herbal tea with honey helps a lot as well.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I tend to do this to, I make a snack usually 8 minigrill toast with
    a laughing cow cheese and a few bing cherries or grapes.
    I will usually put a wii workout game in for 20 minutes or so
    to burn the calories if i dont have enough left., it will put me
    right to sleep most times full and tired.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    snack on fruit or veggies. Carrots or grapes or something that you can snack on mindlessly without any harm being done.
  • wildeone4
    wildeone4 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I usually put gum in my mouth if this ever happens! I really like the Extra Dessert gum! It is amazing1
  • rayaross
    rayaross Posts: 5
    Options
    I normally have a Weight Watchers or Skinny Cow frozen fudge bar, they are 100 calories and are very satisfying. Another snack I really enjoy is cut green peppers into 1 inch squares or so, I use those as "chips" and dip them in Salsa. This is another satisfying 100 calorie snack.
  • Josephine237
    Josephine237 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Save 100 calories...eat half a 0 sugar protein bar, like "Think Thin Chocolate Fudge". It has 20g of protein in each bar, so half would give you 10g. Drink a cup of water with it. The protein may help the cravings. You can find these bars at many grocery stores.
  • nleidelmeyer23
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions I think that i am going to try every one of them to see which one will help me out!
  • megan4pr
    megan4pr Posts: 12
    Options
    I have some watermellon, carrots or baked scoops with salsa. The spicy salsa does wonders for your appetite and kind of makes you not want to eat anymore. I read it in some health magazine and it actually works. haha.

If all else fails I put in my retainer or crest white strips.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I'm a horrible snacker, especially later in the evening. I jump on my stationary bike or find something to do that requires the use of my hands. If my hands are busy, they can't be putting food into my mouth that I really don't need.