exercise = not being hungry?? huh!?

Options
seriously i dont get it! i worked out and ran today and burned like over 400 hundred calories, have eaten less than 1,000 and im not hungry at all! either im seriously miscalculating...or ...what!?? ME, the one who usually overeats every night!

does anybody else feel less hungry when they work out more than normal?

Replies

• sbeeche
    sbeeche Posts: 2
    Options
    yes, it happened to me today.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I usually don't feel hungry after I workout for a couple hours, then it comes. I think I end up eating less on days I exercise more because the workout time plus the time before and after when I'm not hungry just take up more time in my day that otherwise I might want to snack if I wasn't exercising.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think it is pretty normal. You body starts to burn what it already has instead of you having to give it something to burn. Plus it boosts your endorphins so you don't need the food to do that for you.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time, I do notice that if I stay too far under for a few days I WILL want to binge, so I keep fruits and veggies around on those days
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I find that I'm hungrier on the days I don't workout too! But maybe it's mental because I have more idle time to spend eating when I'm not working out?
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    happens to me for sure. weirds me out too.
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ok cool. just dont want to ruin it all by going into starvation mode or whatever...

thanks ladies!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Even wearing a good HRM, I burned 700 calories today and the idea of eating them all back + my regular intake seems repulsive to me. I'm not that hungry and I just can't do it. I even forced myself to eat a little past comfort level today and I came really close to my normal goal intake-wise, but with the exercise calories, my net is only 800-something.

A classic "follow the program" vs "listen to your body" conundrum. Are our bodies wrong?
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I'm never hungry right after a workout... period. I always try to eat first and then wait at least 30-45 minutes before working out. If you know you will be working out that day, you can get those calories in earlier with a bigger breakfast or lunch and some mid-morning and afternoon snacks.
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    exactly. id like to think we can listen to our bodies.

even when eating a can of soup, of which id usually eat the whole thing, i only ate half because i seriously couldnt eat anymore.

so weird.
  • mtbikes
    mtbikes Posts: 2
    Options
    It helps to drink water. I find that drinking water after cardio makes me more hungry, and when I have not exercised, water makes me less hungry.