Excessive FAT on stomach!

Options
I have an excessive amount of fat on my stomach. My extra weight is pretty proportioned through-out, but it seems like there is so much on my stomach. I have been feeling as if it is a useless chase and that there is no way this amount of fat could melt away with time.

Does it? I understand that my extra skin is there to stay. But will the fat go away? I am so tired of feeling pregnant. :(
Maybe I am just fishing for a "yes" because it will make me feel better to read it. lol :)

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    BUMP because I have the same problem & would like an answer too.
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    do cardio and weight training... I still have excess fat on my stomach, but its really decreased a lot since 2009 when I first started my weight loss journey! Its usually the last thing to come off bc its usually the first spot that gets the fat.
  • mindysreadyforchange
    mindysreadyforchange Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I am losing weight, but my stomach seems the same :( Maybe sit ups will help...I am not sure! ADD me as friend we can figure it out together. :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You only need to lose 42 more lbs! That will go by quickly. I lost 80 lbs after having my son. it is doable and the stomach went back in. YOu just need to burn the fat and it will slowly fit into place.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Yes, it WILL eventually go away. Unfortunately for women, it is usually the last to go. I am nearing the end of my weight loss journey and will start maintenance after 2.2 more pounds. My belly fat is just finally starting to shrink! I think I would have been at my goal more than 5 pounds ago if it wasn't for the belly fat. But, with cardio and really watching my diet, it is going away and I couldn't be happier! I'm a mother of 2, so my muscles were quite stretched with both pregnancies. I'm doing some strength training (especially for my core) to help tighten and pull in those muscles. Once I lose as much fat from around my mid-section as I can, it shouldn't look too bad. :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yes your stomah does shrink as you get closer to your goal! Feel free to see my pics! and Ive lost 61 lbs, per your ticker youreonly begiining, It may take 40 lbs to TRULY see it but measuring and taking pictures will help ALOT
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I had 2 c-sections and now have the not so nice "pooch" that follows. I would love to know how to get rid of it. Best of luck in your weight loss :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I carry lots of my weight in the stomach always look 9 months preg.
    Im down 45lbs total and my waist has went from 43" to 33." the waist
    dropped 8" in the last 3 weeks.it will happen just be patient.
  • barefootbeautiful
    Options
    It's annoying to hear (and to say) but "first on, last off." The stomach fat WILL come off... just not as quickly. And while ab work is fantastic for you, for your core, and for your overall health, you won't SEE those results until the fat dissipates. Don't worry - the muscle is in there. It's just slowly coming out of hiding. :)
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Have a look at some of the success stories threads that post before and after photos. Or just google image search "before and after weight loss" or something like that. There are lots of before and after videos as well.

Seeing how much other people have achieved brings home how achievable things are.
  • bjohs
    Options
    I have the same issue. I am losing weight, but my stomach seems the same :( Maybe sit ups will help...I am not sure! ADD me as friend we can figure it out together. :)

Unfortunately we can't spot train a section of our bodies. Sit-ups and crunches will help strengthen your core and tighten your abs, but only a controlled diet and cardio will help lose the fat from all over your body... with the belly fat usually the last to go. But don't give up! Keep doing what you're doing. Mine if finally going down and I'm loving every minute of it!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    There are no special tricks or gimmicks to get rid of belly fat. Eat right, do cardio and strength training, and as you lose fat, the stomach fat will decrease. If this is your problem area where you gain first, it will be the last place it comes off, because that's your body's primary storage site. Spot exercising (sit ups, crunches) won't so anything to make it go away - it will tone the muscles underneath the fat so that area may feel tighter and more toned (and when you do lose the fat, you could wind up with a great-looking 6-pack), but the only thing that will lead to the loss of belly fat is good old-fashioned diet and exercise and patience.
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    Im having trouble with it too. The situps wont do anything, though. It will build your abdominal muscles, but the layer of fat over top will still be there. I have read a million times that a mix of cardio and strength training will get it off. They say to work your abs and obliques at the end of your workout because they use the most muscles and it would tire you out too much if you did them first.
  • mindysreadyforchange
    Options

Unfortunately we can't spot train a section of our bodies. Sit-ups and crunches will help strengthen your core and tighten your abs, but only a controlled diet and cardio will help lose the fat from all over your body... with the belly fat usually the last to go. But don't give up! Keep doing what you're doing. Mine if finally going down and I'm loving every minute of it!

Oh I know there has to be a tight diet and cardio! I hate hate hate cardio! I need to get over it and just run! Thanks you are so right!!! Your post is motivating! That it is finally going down and you are loving it. :)
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yes your stomah does shrink as you get closer to your goal! Feel free to see my pics! and Ive lost 61 lbs, per your ticker youreonly begiining, It may take 40 lbs to TRULY see it but measuring and taking pictures will help ALOT
    [/quote/ ]
    Your pics are a great inspiration! my belly has gone some but it has a lot to go! am worried about loose skin but so far so good
    3697427.png
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have added rope jumping as part of my exercise routine. Hopefully this will help. Good luck!
  • alyssalb
    alyssalb Posts: 2
    Options
    i have the exact same problem.! i officially start my weight plan today...just try to do alot of intense cardio to burn the extra fat.thats my plan.Good luck girl && Add me.! :smile:
  • bjohs
    Options

Oh I know there has to be a tight diet and cardio! I hate hate hate cardio! I need to get over it and just run! Thanks you are so right!!! Your post is motivating! That it is finally going down and you are loving it. :)

Cardio doesn't have to be grueling. I did at least 20 minutes on the elliptical at a very low resistance setting. I also walked a lot. I have to work around an old knee and hip injury that keeps me from doing anything too strenuous. All you have to do is keep your body moving. :)
  • babyblue1974
    Options
    I found that Sugar was the horrible contributor. I gave up sugar and although I havent lost much on the scale, my pants are all looser.
  • mindysreadyforchange
    Options
    I lowered my sugar intake to around 17 grams per day for a month to get this diet jump started and lost 4lbs. Now I have added natural sugars back in, but still try to stay between 25 and 30 grams per day. If the sugar reduction is going ok for you stick with it you will see a loss.