Help! High Calorie foods

Options
What is your favorite, go-to high calorie food?

I am struggling to eat all my calories and feel completely full all the time (sometimes to pain) trying to eat my calories and eat my exercise calories.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, hands down
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Cheese
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @Dandelie have you looked into your BMR and TDEE for daily calorie level? If you include your activity in the calculations you should not be eating back your exercise calories. If you choose not to go that route route please be super careful as exercise calories are generally over estimated.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    @dcshima I actually do not eat back many of my exercise calories. I am focusing on eating my daily calories. I have 230 pounds to lose, so it is set at 2010. Now that I am eating better, I am struggling so much to eat 2010 calories. I indulge sometimes with sweets. I feel like I want to exercise, but if I am struggling to eat 2010 calories, there is no way I can eat back the exercise calories too. I am on track with my weight loss. The results are there. I just can't seem to find a happy medium with 2010 calories and not feeling like I am the size of Texas from eating.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Those little suckers have quite a few calories but they're extremely good for you.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Peanut butter
    Ice cream
    Macadamia nuts (delicious and pack a HUGE calorie punch)
  • rhapsodygal
    rhapsodygal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cashew butter
  • BrandyGanus
    BrandyGanus Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dandelie wrote: »
    @dcshima I actually do not eat back many of my exercise calories. I am focusing on eating my daily calories. I have 230 pounds to lose, so it is set at 2010. Now that I am eating better, I am struggling so much to eat 2010 calories. I indulge sometimes with sweets. I feel like I want to exercise, but if I am struggling to eat 2010 calories, there is no way I can eat back the exercise calories too. I am on track with my weight loss. The results are there. I just can't seem to find a happy medium with 2010 calories and not feeling like I am the size of Texas from eating.

2010 calories seems pretty high to me...

Are you hungry? Or just trying to reach your caloric goals? Because if you're not hungry, don't eat.

These are healthy high-calorie foods:

avocado
    nut butters
    nuts & seeds
    cheese
    yogurt

If you want sweets, choose your favorite desserts but have a smaller portion (or measure out the actual serving size) so that you don't over do it. I have to do this so I don't go overboard.

Also, if you need to feel full, choose high-fiber foods (quinoa, brown rice, lentils, beans, oatmeal, wheat bread with at least 3 g fiber per slice). These will help you feel full longer.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Nut butters, glorious glorious nut butters.

• sunflowermoon31
    sunflowermoon31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should never try to reach calorie goals with sweets, especially if you're already full. It will only add more harm, as you will want more sweets and fats. 2010 is a really high goal and unless a doctor told you to eat 2010, you don't really need to force yourself to eat more unless you're hungry. When you're full that's your body telling you you don't need to eat any more. You also don't need to eat back exercise calories. You can but it's somewhat counter-productive for weight loss.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You probably do not need 2010 calories. Stop eating if you had enough.
  • DNMEfitness
    DNMEfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you are struggling to consume more calories then it is too much for your metabolism to deal with. Listen to your body. Don't worry about what a programme has told you. Nothing is ever as accurate as what your own body is trying to tell you. Eat when you're hungry and eat weighed out balanced meals when so. Let weight loss be a bi-product of a healthy diet of which you partake in by listening to your body.

Peanut butter
    A few eggs can be a good top up
    Crumpets and unsalted butter
    Avocados

A few healthy calorie dense foods for you there
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Since the goal is t lose weight and a lot of it, I am not really sure I understand what the problem is with not hitting the 2010 calorie goal. It is already a high goal for most women of healthy weight/activity, so I doubt that going below would cause any issues. As long as it does not end up being 200 calories instead of 2000 of course.