Exercise outside with baby!

Options
I am a stay at home mom with a 1,5 year old boy. It can get tricky sometimes to exercise!
But I'm a total fan of what I'm doing right now!!!
There's this really cool carrier, almost a backpack kind of deal, so my baby can sit on my back. He's all safely strapped in and everything. And then I just walk and walk and walk outside.
1 hour of walking outside with a 25lb child on my back is sure to burn some extra calories!
Just wanted to share the idea with some other moms!

Replies

• ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Baby carriers are awesome! DD loved being in hers :) She also likes our jogging stroller!
  • Amandalynn380
    Amandalynn380 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Awesome idea!!! I haven't put my son in a back carrier , because I think I'd be worried because I couldn't see him. :/
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I love babywearing while walking! I usually wear my almost 2 year old in a Beco Soleil but I also use a woven wrap as well.
    Awesome idea!!! I haven't put my son in a back carrier , because I think I'd be worried because I couldn't see him. :/

Check out the Babywearing International website for help with figuring out when and how to back carry safely :smile:
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love popping my little Chicklet in her Mei Tai for a back carry while we're at the farmer's market or out shopping elsewhere (and yes, she's old enough and I know how to tie a square knot properly) I am a bit of a klutz, though, and definitely prefer to take our outdoorsy walks with the jogging stroller.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    When my son was younger I loved using a jogging stroller. Now when we are at the playground I play too...there are some great workouts we can do there while they play. Just get creative & enjoy :)
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    both my daughters have been carried thousands of miles in baby backpacks. It's a great way to introduce kids to backpacking