Supportive bras, still full figure (ladies please)

Options
jllipson
jllipson Posts: 646
OK, I searched for this topic and found similar - problem with answers is that most of the ones I've researched already aren't big enough. I'm a 38DDD and most places don't have DDD, I've tried DD and they are uncomfortably small on me. I actually bought one from Victoria Secret already, but I feel like it's suffocating my girls... I really want something with lift (not a push up), I feel like I'm hanging so low and pictures I see of myself make me even more self conscious.

On the plus side, when I am done with this journey, hubby and I have already discussed the possibility of surgery to reduce (if still needed) and/or tightening through surgery. At this point, not sure how things will end up, but trying to do what I can through exercise to help, but nothing seems to work... :ohwell:

Replies

• AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was a 44 ddd last month!!! :) In 6 weeks i went down to 42 dd!!! I get my bras at Lane Bryant and then I buy the extra large champion sports bras at target to put on over top of my reg bra for work outs! Let me tell u something LANE BRYANT HAS THE BEST BRAS! I dont really buy anything else from them except for bras! They are having a sale right now too!!! BUY 2 GET 2 FREE! There bras are about $36 apiece reg so u will get 130 work of bras for 60 or 70 bucks! I just got 4 over the weekend and i had a coupon 25 off 75 so i actually got all 4 for 50!! Their tshirt bras are cotton and wonderful for exercising....I love their plunge too because it comes in cotton or satin which i like both but prefer cotton, great support and the girls are freakin rocking in the plunge I have never had a bra make me feel so good...and back pains are gone ever since i discovered their ... bras last summer! I will continue to buy from them forever....they go from 36 b to like 50 h!!!! friend me!!!
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    Options
    ....if u dont have a lane bryant in ur area they have a website too! www.lanebryant.com
  • beccapos
    beccapos Posts: 13
    Options
    Have you tried Lane Bryant bras? They have a pretty wide range of sizes for full figured gals. Sometimes, if they don't have your cup size, you can go up a measurement, like instead of a 38 DDD try a 40 DD. Good luck!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    WACOAL!! I was your size and they were a lifesaver. They're pricey but man they are great. The bigger Macy's might have them but I think Nordstroms has the biggest selection. They have really pretty ones too! Not all frumpy grandma bras which were all I used to be able to find.
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    Push ups can help tone the muscles underneath to help give more lifted apearance. From breastfeeding my lil boy for a year i went from very small B to filling out a D. I have a bad shoulder but have still been trying to do a few girlie pushups a few times a week to help tone those muscles.
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    I'm a 42 DD and I use Curvation Bras, and I LOVE them. They have underwire that keep my girls up allll day! I know it sounds strange, but new bras are hard for me to find, but when I found these I fell in love with them. They make me feel a cup size smaller! I love them!
  • ShelleyT_RN
    ShelleyT_RN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WACOAL!! I was your size and they were a lifesaver. They're pricey but man they are great. The bigger Macy's might have them but I think Nordstroms has the biggest selection. They have really pretty ones too! Not all frumpy grandma bras which were all I used to be able to find.

Another Wacoal lover!! Worth absolutely every penny! For a sports bra, I order Champion ones online. I tried about 10 before I discovered them.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I will have to give some of those a try! The ones I have I thought did good, but seeing pictures of myself, I realized they weren't doing that great... Can't wait to get some new ones!
  • AmBeRLyNnGETTINThIN
    Options
    better yet if they dont have ur size in store they will ship it directly to u at no cost to u and in just a few days!
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Freya has all size bras and they even have the larger cup sexy bras ;). Only place I'd be able to find one at a 32g!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Push ups can help tone the muscles underneath to help give more lifted apearance. From breastfeeding my lil boy for a year i went from very small B to filling out a D. I have a bad shoulder but have still been trying to do a few girlie pushups a few times a week to help tone those muscles.
    There is no muscle inside the breast. Breastfeeding, pregnancy, and extra weight is going to stretch them out. You can get some lift with toning, but only if you arent real big or havent had kids. Getting older, stopping breastfeeding, and losing weight is going to make them more slack. But the extra skin won't necessarily go. Some don't lose weight there, I gain and lose there first.

Check out the bigger dept. Stores for those Wacole bras, while there get a fitting. Victorias Secret doesn't go that big, but have a big price. Bigger stores can "fit" you. Bra fitting can be the best thing ever. When the girls stay up where they belong it makes a huge difference in how you feel and how clothes fit. It makes a huge difference in how you can move.

My personal goal was to get the girls to ride between my elbow and shoulder height as a guide after breastfeeding 4 kids over a 15 year spread.