Skinny fat need help

Options
bennycow
bennycow Posts: 8 Member
Need help I'm skinny fat and started lifting 5 months ago but my fat hasn't really faded, gain some muscle but the fat on my belly remains the same. Advice?

Pictures: http://imgur.com/kJVKyPo
http://imgur.com/69zsbzb

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat less
  • bennycow
    Options
    Eat less
    Are you suggesting me to lose weight?, I have but I don't have much muscle to start off with.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I was skinny fat too but I lost it finally and now I am quite lean. Feel free to add me!
  • Dolly74
    Dolly74 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Find your basal metabolic rate(http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/), and eat no more or less than that of healthy foods, and keep working out. It takes years. Good luck.
  • bennycow
    Options
    bruhaha007 wrote: »
    I was skinny fat too but I lost it finally and now I am quite lean. Feel free to add me!
    How did you lose it and I will
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    1) Have you been eating at a deficit to loose excess fat this past 5 months while doing your lifting program?

2) Your muscle definition is not that great and you really do not seem to look like you have a lot of body fat, therefore can you tell us what type of lifting program you have been doing, how many times a week etc..

I personally think you could benefit from a bulk and cut cycle using a strong lifting program in order to max gainz and then of course cut afterwards. If you are afraid of bulking at a calorie surplus to make gainz in muscle size, then that too needs to be addressed in how you move forward.. You can try to eat at maintenance calories plus a small surplus and up calories as needed..

Can you elaborate on some things?
  • bennycow
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    1) Have you been eating at a deficit to loose excess fat this past 5 months while doing your lifting program?

2) Your muscle definition is not that great and you really do not seem to look like you have a lot of body fat, therefore can you tell us what type of lifting program you have been doing, how many times a week etc..

I personally think you could benefit from a bulk and cut cycle using a strong lifting program in order to max gainz and then of course cut afterwards. If you are afraid of bulking at a calorie surplus to make gainz in muscle size, then that too needs to be addressed in how you move forward.. You can try to eat at maintenance calories plus a small surplus and up calories as needed..

Can you elaborate on some things?

I train 3 times a week with a split
  • codsterlaing95
    codsterlaing95 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You're not really skinny-fat, more so skinny. I think you'd benefit from slowly bulking up 15-20 lbs and then cutting the fat gained.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I agree you should lift in a surplus. I think you have some body image issues...you're not skinny fat. You're just thin, with little muscle.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I agree you should lift in a surplus. I think you have some body image issues...you're not skinny fat. You're just thin, with little muscle.

I agree with this. A structured lifting program and a small surplus with lots of time will do you wonders.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to agree with all the more recent posters - you are not "skinny fat" and don't have fat to lose. Just eat more and lift heavy to build more muscle!
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree as well with the above posts. You need to build more muscle because you are skinny (not skinny fat).
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with the others, you're not skinny fat.

Continue lifting, eat at a surplus with an aim to add 2lb of bodyweight per month.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with the consensus, you aren't skinnyfat, just skinny. You won't bulk up too much, eat a little more and lift a little heavier, so your body has something to build muscle with.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You aren't burning any fat- too many carbs. Keep below 100 grams/day.