Sick and tired

Options
Ok, so last week I came down with what at the time I thought was a cold, turns out its bronchitis. I took today off from my wateraerobics class, and probably will tomorrow as well. Which really sucks, because they are so much fun! I know that I could keep up, and do the exercises, but I don't want to give this crap to anyone else, its miserable.

I am literally sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Not sure why I felt the need to post this, guess I just needed to rant a bit. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Dawny75
    Dawny75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    really, really... take it easy when you are sick, and GET BACK IN THE SADDLE when its over... its a fact of life.. sickness will hit, but keep your chin up and take care of yourself (make sure you are getting enough rest - its a priority)... and keep up the proper eating and fluids while you are sick (that will keep you on track to your goal... even without the exercise).... and get back to that just as soon as you are able. YOU GO GIRL!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Being sick when you really want to do something else is the worst! I had viral bronchitis that put me in the hospital in March. Take care of yourself and get back on the wagon when you are well :) I hope you feel better soon.
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain my dear. I'm just getting over it and had it for almost 3 weeks. Still coughing, which makes me really tired. I'm just now getting back into the swing of working out again after a whole month off. UGH! Don't worry though, you will get back on the horse again and feel better soon. It just takes time to kick this crap in the butt. I drank lots of herbal tea with honey. Seemed to help a bunch. Get better soon.
  • 1115Karen
    1115Karen Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey there, I hope you feel better soon. Until then, pat yourself on the back for setting realistic "baby step" goals. One step at a time and we WILL all get there. Take Care!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I hate bronchitis. I get it a lot when I get colds and I'm allergic to most antibiotics, so I end up suffering for a good long while. Take it from me... take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest. If you're having difficulty breathing you should definitely not be trying to exercise. You'll only wear yourself out and then it'll take you longer to get well. Put your feet up, take ALL of your prescribed medications, and focus on getting better. Then, when you're back to 100%, kick the heck out of your workout routine!