Discouraged

Options
I bet you can't find one successful weight loss story that doesn't have weight gain! We hope fully can learn from slip ups cause deep down we always know what we have done wrong! I've lost the same 40 pds, 3 times!! No more lessons!!! This time it's got to be for good!!! We can all do this!!!

Replies

• ICKellynow
    ICKellynow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yup same pounds! Professional dieters. If we tweak our lifestyle we can keep it off. How do we do that though ...I hope to balance it all one day...
  • amandacagle560
    amandacagle560 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! In the past 10 years I've been 140-205 and everywhere in between! Determined to keep it off this time and I'd love if you add me for extra support!
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looking back at a time when I put on weight I'd lost, it was because I got in a horrible relationship. Maybe what I need is to learn is to look after myself with more commitment and caring. What was happening in your life when you put the weight back on? Can you find a caring counselor to help you when you feel so unhappy that you turn to overeating?
  • RosemaryBronte
    RosemaryBronte Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What I'm trying to do is set up habits to see me through good times and bad. E.g meditation gives deep good feelings that I can use to calm me when I might once have turned to chocolate. Also I'm trying to see healthy food as a way of comforting myself when I feel bad.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Same 25lbs lost every three years for the last 20! This time I am down 30 and intend to keep it off. 20 more to go. Have to blast through this 'Yay - I've done it!" period... I still have more work to do!! Good luck everyone!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    it happened to me, 4 years ago i was 160lbs, i went down to 125 then gained almost all back. last year my starting weight was 150 and now i am 131ish trying to be back to 125. we got this :smile:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Lost weight once 6+ years ago. Still maintaining. I call that a success.

Make the way you eat to lose weight the way you can eat for life.
    Exercise the amount you know you can maintain long term.

I never wanted to go back to the heavier me. That was enough to stop me regaining no matter what.

Cheers, h.
  • mychelenc
    mychelenc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive feedback!! It was pretty awesome to wake up and find all these comments. Weight loss is definitely a journey and it's nice to know we aren't alone
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Its a hard lesson but I now know I need to be mindful of what I eat for the rest of my life. You don't stop at a target weight. You change gears to maintain and maybe add some muscle or improve your running speed. There are always new and exciting goals to shoot for. Find what excites you about being and staying healthy.