Giving "Paleo" a try. Here's to a 30 day Paleo challenge. An

Options
Had an awful "food" weekend, so I'm afraid to get on the scale and see the damage that I've done.... but I've decided to try the Paleo diet. Day 1 of Paleo was a success today. Can't wait to see how this ends up affecting my weight. Anyone have success with the Paleo diet? Anyone have tips for modifying paleo when training for a half marathon?

Replies

• barefootbeautiful
    Options
    I do Paleo! In fact, I am finishing up my third month of it. I love it! The recipes are fabulous and easy. Depending on how your diet was before, you can see some amazing results - I've lost nearly 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months. However, I am not a runner, so I'm not sure about the marathon training. I CAN say if you're going to eat fruit (because it's not necessarily huge in Paleo), do it within an hour of your workout to help with the carb replacement. Make SURE you're eating the healthy fat too (the avacado and nuts) every day. And good luck! Let me know if you want to trade recipes!
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am doing something similar to paleo (mainly the low carb) portion. I've lost 36lbs in about 3 months, so let me know if you want to be friends! I can tell you the first week is the toughest! You are going to be headachey, hungry, and cranky because your body is getting used to not relying so much on carbs, but once you get past that you will feel great :)
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i started the Paleo on Saturday...we can do this..
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me....I have been working on low carb but thinking about going full on Paleo......any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated....
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if this blog will help you but I just googled paleo/marathon and this one came up ...

http://stephfood.blogspot.com/p/crossfit-endurance-12-week-12-marathon.html

Maybe if you contacted her she could help answer your questions.

Also, there is an ongoing paleo-type challenge at Whole30 if you haven't heard of it already ...

http://whole9life.com/2010/12/whole30-2011/

Best of Health!
  • drlynned
    drlynned Posts: 34
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Today was pretty easy because I love veggies, avocados, almonds, eggs, and steak, so I pulled through. However, I'm a huge carb lover! HUGE! I know tomorrow will be tough. I'd appreciate any recipes that anyone has to offer.

I've decided to do Paleo because I just can't break out of the 160s. I go from 160-163 over and over again, and I'm tired of it. I hope to lose 3 pounds in 2 weeks. That would be amazing! Day 1 done.... lets see how the rest of the week goes.
  • JohnTCooper
    Options
    Just finished three months of Atkins diet and lost 28lbs. Today I started the Paleo diet to switch things up. Anyone have any advice?
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Today was pretty easy because I love veggies, avocados, almonds, eggs, and steak, so I pulled through. However, I'm a huge carb lover! HUGE! I know tomorrow will be tough. I'd appreciate any recipes that anyone has to offer.

I've decided to do Paleo because I just can't break out of the 160s. I go from 160-163 over and over again, and I'm tired of it. I hope to lose 3 pounds in 2 weeks. That would be amazing! Day 1 done.... lets see how the rest of the week goes.

2 of my favorite blogs for paleo recipes are ...

www.theclothesmakethegirl.com
    www.nomnompaleo.com
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about the paleo diet, doing research. I eat pretty clean already, but hope to become more strict. I am going shopping tomorrow, to stock up. And I think I will start as soon as I have all the food for it. Hubby is going to do it i
    Too.
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Today was good so far...I just keep saying "you can do this" to myself. I hate avocados, so I am hoping to find alternatives. Maybe add tomatoes, and something else.
    Hubby is doing this too.
    A friend told me about. Great site: paleoplan.com it does your menu and grocery lists for you. It looks good, and only costs $10 a month.
    Also paleohackers.com is another one to get questions answered quickly too.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Today was good so far...I just keep saying "you can do this" to myself. I hate avocados, so I am hoping to find alternatives. Maybe add tomatoes, and something else.
    Hubby is doing this too.
    A friend told me about. Great site: paleoplan.com it does your menu and grocery lists for you. It looks good, and only costs $10 a month.
    Also paleohackers.com is another one to get questions answered quickly too.

Thanks for these sites~! I generally don't use sites like this unless they're free but I have such a hard time planning that 10 bucks may be worth it!!
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i've heard a lot of people doing paleo so i think i'm going to check it out. i haven't seen any bad results from it. thanks for all the links you guys are posting, this is very helpful.