What do u do to lose weight

Options
What kind of stuff do u do to lose weight like what kind of cardio and what kind of thing do u do to lose love handle fat

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I Count calories and stay at or under the goal MFP sets for me by using tools like a food scale and logging to ensure that this happens.

I don't exercise to exercise. I ride horses and practice martial arts because I love doing them and because I get great benefits for my mental health and wellbeing from them. The activity allows me to eat more and still lose weight but I don't exercise to lose weight. In fact I was not losing weight while doing these activities for a long time.

Exercise is not really that useful for weight loss unless you are also tracking your calorie intake.

Personally I think you should chose something you enjoy doing that also provides the benefits of being active.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I just count calories.

For health I walk as often as possible (2 miles to work) and I move a lot at work (including lifting heavy things) but really I want my activity to be a lifestyle rather than a gym hobby. But, that all has less to do with my weight loss, the kitchen is where my loss is being created.
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I count calories. I work out to be strong & because I hate getting easily winded & worn out :)
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I keep track of calories, walk or run when I'm able, but I didn't really start leaning out till I started lifting weights. Highly recommend it if you're able.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just for a comparison. I lost the love handle fat as soon as I lost into the high end of my healthy weight range. I'm 5'3.5. For me I started at 170lbs give or take a few both times I lost the weight. When I hit 140lbs that was when I lost love handles and no longer had muffin top in my jeans. 108-140 is considered normal weight for my height.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Count calories - accurately with a food scale whenever possible. Overestimate intake when I'm not sure. Underestimate expenditure when I'm not sure. Be as active as possible so that I'm able to eat a satisfying amount of food. Don't deny myself my favorite things in moderation.

Loss of body fat = loss of the handles.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    And strength training, not just cardio.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My love handles and the dreaded armpit fat/bra spill over are the first thing to start shrinking on me thankfully!

I'm just counting my calories, I walk as often as weather permits. I work a desk job so I'm getting into the habit of just meandering around or I'll get up and do jumping jacks or squats, anything that gets me moving really to shake the midday slump I hit.

Weigh my foods and drink pretty much only water. I do allow myself a small cup of tea here and there that's made at home so I know what's in it to accurately log.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I walk 2 miles 7 days a week, utilize a progressive strength training program Mon-Wed-Fri and keep my calories in check (200-300 calories below TDEE on non strength training days, 100 calories over on strength training days). I am pretty strict on myself nutrition wise but do indulge on the weekends. All of this combined has given me fantastic results in 70 days so far.