Any encouragement out there?

Options
Hello. I'm new to this, but excited to hopefully lose some weight...and keep it off! I'd appreciate any encouragement or ideas anyone has for lasting success. My biggest downfall is evening snacking(and a glass of wine or two!) so if I can get that dialed, I'm set! Thanks!!!

Replies

• emmazacklover
    Options
    Know your long term goal and keep a trended excel sheet that shows how each day you affect that goal both positive and negative.
    I hear ya on the late night snacking... I mix some dry ranch dressing powder mix to fat free sour cream to make a dip for cucumbers, celery, carrots... Low cal and filling.
    Don't skip breakfast.
    Drink half your body weight in water ounces/day.
    Use salsa as dressing on your salads.
    And don't give up!!! This is about life style change, habit change, emotional change... It's a journey.
    :)
  • yente
    yente Posts: 5
    Options
    Just keep at it!! If you mess up one day don't give up...restart the next. It takes time but you will loose weight.:laugh:
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Nights are my snack time too. I keep a big glass of Crystal Light by me, and stick to low cal snacks. 100 cal bags of kettle corn, 60 cal jello pudding, and mini rice cakes. I just stick to the calorie limits that MFP gives me, and eat what I want so I don't really feel like I'm dieting or depriving myself.
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great accountable tool.....post everything you eat....that way if you have a good eating day you will know what to do on a day that youre not feeling like doing so good.....it will help keep you accountable to yourself and others....the support here is outstanding.....best of luck to you...add me if you want
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else :) Make sure you log EVERY day, even the cheat days. It holds you accountable and lets you learn. If you have a glass of wine, or a snack dont beat yourself up about it. Keep trekking along and start new the next day. I have changed a lil about my eating habits, more fruits and veggies. I try new things, hummus, cottage cheese and whole wheat cereal. But all in all, its all about portion control for me. I eat the same things I did before I started making changes, I just dont eat the whole pizza or the whole menu at Taco Bell (ok maybe I did that once ;)) When I go out to dinner/lunch, I put half of the meal in a box and save it for later.

Drink lots of water!!!

Good Luck!

Jessica
  • ttuttle47
    ttuttle47 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new as well, anc i can relate to the late night snacking. Sounds to me though like you guys have some good healthy tips though that I'll have to try, thanks!
  • sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    Tip #1 - WATER - make it your new best friend. Try to drink half your body's weight in ounces. It's amazing what it can do for you.

Tip #2 - 2 TBS of organice apple cider vinegar is really good for you.

Tip #3 - Buy the biggest bag of apples you can find and snack on them instead of all the junk food and sweets

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself - You Can Do This!