50 lbs in 6 months club

Options
Hi All,

Share the good, the bad and the ugly. We all know this will be tough, but let's just be supportive to each other. Our goal is 2lbs a month. Be good to yourself, don't starve yourself, use the food and excercise tool to track your daily success and let's be honest. If we end up having a bad day and cheat - let's own up to it and move forward. Do an extra 30 minutes of excercise and pat yourself on the back for job well done. Good luck! I hope to successful with all of you together!

Replies

• slimothy89
    slimothy89 Posts: 61
    Options
    Let do it!!!
  • AriaAzurestone
    AriaAzurestone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Let's get ready to rumble.
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    We can do all do this! I did 62lbs in 6 months - 44lbs more to go!
  • tisntat
    tisntat Posts: 6
    Options
    Cool! I like it let's do it. I actually bought the Dukan book, but not sure if I'm ready to try it. The first week is 7 days of pure lean protein. To get a jump start, I'm planning on taking in 1000-1200 calories. I'm going to focus on eating 5 times a day. I was reading a lot of blogs about stars using Harley Pasternak's eating 5-6 small meals method. I'm planning on doing at least 5 meals a day and at least 2 or 3 of those meals in the form of some type of liquid meal replacement. If I can just lose 10 lbs, I think that will get me really excited to do more. And I'm going to not eat after 7pm. That will be hard for me, but it's mind over matter.
  • tisntat
    Options
    Yeah!!!! That's awesome R4z0r! Can you share how you made that happen? I'm open to ideas.
  • MommaMind
    MommaMind Posts: 28
    Options
    Momma is ready to roll! I'm planning on signing in every day to track meals, eats loads of fruits and vegies and of course good protien (need extra Iron due to Anemia) and doing Yoga Monday-Friday. Walking during the weekends as long as weather permits. Any other ideas and/or tips??? Would be much obliged!
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    Yeah!!!! That's awesome R4z0r! Can you share how you made that happen? I'm open to ideas.

Quite boring how I did it actually. But basically this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/233474-the-latest-diet?hl=human+diet

Fat loss IS a science - so just keep doing it right, and results will follow.
  • tisntat
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I knew a long time ago that many things trigger my desire to eat. I eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm stressed. I eat because I love food. I need to realize that I've enjoyed too many good food (and even some bad food - but I eat it anyway) for too long. So 6 months of being discipline doesn't seem like too much to ask.

My 2nd day and have found that counting calories for me is challenging. I still need to learn not to be lazy. I sometimes forget to write down what I ate. I have a friend who is starting Medifast, but I don't feel like spending a couple of hundreds for 4 weeks of packets. I found a high protein meal replacement call Unjury and have ordered it. It was created by a dietician and highly recommended for those who just had bariatric surgery. Teh important thing is that it is higher in protein than what you can buy at the local GNC and low in carbs. I know the meal replacement is not easy, but it's a matter of getting use to it. I've been told that it takes 7 days to break a habit and 21 days to make it stick.

If I can lose that first 10 lbs, I know I will be motivated to lose more. So we're going to give our stats next Monday. Good luck to everyone and I hope you're all on your way to losing your 1st or 2nd lbs for the week.

So here's a challenge for the remainder of the week - If you drink soda (I'm a diet coke fiend), then NO MORE soda for the remainder of the week. I read in an article yesterday how bad soda is for dieting and for your health. Pipe in if you're up for the challenge. GOOD LUCK ALL! BE A LOSER!

T
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Quite boring how I did it actually. But basically this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/233474-the-latest-diet?hl=human+diet

Fat loss IS a science - so just keep doing it right, and results will follow.

I love that link - it is what I am doing right now! I think we should have a support group just for that.