question for POF users

Options
what's the deal with so many boys having "just ask" in their comments or profiles? Is this some kind of code or something? Or is it just way to try to get a girl's interest?

Replies

• JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    what's the deal with so many boys having "just ask" in their comments or profiles? Is this some kind of code or something? Or is it just way to try to get a girl's interest?

To embarrassed to share? Could be a vain attempt at creating intrigue? Or quite simply to lazy to bother. Rather sad really but I've come across girls profiles like this too. I'll never understand it.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I had to look up POF to see what it meant. Good Luck.
  • ctraugh
    ctraugh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I had to look up POF to see what it meant. Good Luck.

So did I, LOL.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    LOL that's practically just another hook up app like tinder. Good luck with try to find a real relationship there. :laugh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    MFP is free. You can set up a fake profile here and find someone.
  • MissKriss3
    MissKriss3 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    LOL that's practically just another hook up app like tinder. Good luck with try to find a real relationship there. :laugh:

Why assume she is looking for a relationship?
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Met my hubby there eight years ago... I have no idea what it's like now, however.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sounds like laziness or an inability to articulate to me.

both turn offs.

but then, i dont do online dating.

ironically, i met my boyfriend online and through mfp to boot. LOLOLOL

• silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I thought this said POS. I was kicked off of POF. I guess I didn't ask enough guys whatever they wanted me to. Or it might have been because my coworker with no boundaries made a profile for me and there were probably two of me floating around out there.

Also, MFP is a WAAAAAAY better dating site. Get on it.
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Plenty Of F****s
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options

There are actually a lot of people on there who are serious about finding a relationship, you just have to be smart about weeding out the ones who aren't. I met my boyfriend there, and he's a total sweetheart. We are planning to move in together in a few months.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I was on POF for a day or two. No one on there seemed very intelligent.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    as a former POF'er, I can tell you that anyone who's profile mainly consists of cliché's ("I like going out and staying it", "I work hard and play harder" or "if you want to know anything just ask") is boring and lazy.

Even though Tinder is supposedly just a hook up site, I actually met a few decent guys there...
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm hardly looking for a relationship, and if I were it surely wouldn't be with boys whose profile contains some short comments and then "want to know more just ask"

I'm performing a social experiment of sorts and wondered if it's some shorthand kind of understood to mean DTF or something. You know how like you *know* the kind of reaction mentioning "clean eating" will get around here? I was just curious if there is a culturally understood meaning behind it for frequent POF users. I guess there is not a lot of overlap between POF users and MFP users, probably because as mentioned this place seems to serve as it's own dating site lol
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options

Met my hubby there eight years ago... I have no idea what it's like now, however.

Met my husband there 4 years ago. You never know B)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

While I have never been on POF, to me, that would indicate laziness and inability to articulate.
  • milkyudders
    milkyudders Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I actually met my current boyfriend on POF... It didn't start out as a hook up or any of that jazz either... I met quite a few great people on POF who were just as serious as I was at finding a good, long lasting relationship. Guess it all depends on the person and the type of people they attract. Idk. I recommend POF 100%. Now MeetMe? That site is ridiculous. Only lasted a month and realized I needed better than that garbage. Haha.