fake meat

Options
I was just wondering about anyone oppion on meat less food like the morning star farm foods. I gotta admit the meatless burgers and bbq'd ribs were really good. Any other good brands out there?

Replies

• prousis
    prousis Posts: 14
    Options
    I love the MorningStar Farms "Chickn" patties and corndogs!
  • cassmsta
    cassmsta Posts: 75
    Options
    I live in Canada,Alberta, so i'm not sure if you can get them where you are but YVES products are good.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    gardein products are soooo amazing (if cooked correctly) and SO low in calories compared to the real thing!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Trader Joe's has some seriously good fake meat corn dogs. I eat meat, but I draw the line at hot dogs. These allow me to get my fix. Chick'n patties on a toasted sandwich thin with some olive oil mayo is also one of my favorites.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like the gardein and yves products. I have been trying to find meatless "ribs" everywhere with no luck yet.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I eat Boca and Morning Star Farms. There is another brand at my local grocery (Meijer) but I don't know the name off the top of my head. The only thing I don't like about them is they have a lot of sodium. I love Boca's chicken nuggets.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Ty everyone I guess Im going shopping soon lol
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    If you come across Quorn, I'd say they're the best makers of fake meat I've come across. Especially the chicken - I love the "southern style" items, but my partner thinks the nuggets are amazing - very McDonalds-like. Probably why I don't like the nuggets much, myself.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and I love love love the morning star spicy black bean burgers. The spicy chi'k wings are also very tasty!
  • Melimonkey
    Melimonkey Posts: 34
    Options
    Ive had Boca burgers there really good I seasoned them up like I would a regular burger with garlic poder and a little pepper and slice of fat free cheese with onion slices and tomato taste great.