Fitness/Activity Tracker

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for a fitness/activity tracker? I cant afford a fitbit so is there any cheaper alternatives out there that are accurate for step counts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    check out the Misfit brand. They have a "Flash" tracker that is priced at around 30 bucks I believe.
  • gaxarlis08
    gaxarlis08 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    check out the Misfit brand. They have a "Flash" tracker that is priced at around 30 bucks I believe.

I heard about that one but it has mixed reviews. Do you own one?
  • cookma423
    cookma423 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately my main recommendations are Fitbit or Garmin, both of which are in the $100-$150 range. I used my Fitbit for years and loved it, and once I started running I upgraded to a running watch that does all the same and more.

Check out this page:
    http://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/the-best-fitness-tracker

They list one as low as $25 and give reviews, so it can help you make a good decision on what works well. Otherwise, just spend some time researching, reading reviews, and checking comment sections to find what would work best for you. (The fact that you're asking here is a great start! :smile: )
  • gaxarlis08
    Options
    KungFuArch wrote: »
    Unfortunately my main recommendations are Fitbit or Garmin, both of which are in the $100-$150 range. I used my Fitbit for years and loved it, and once I started running I upgraded to a running watch that does all the same and more.

Check out this page:
    http://www.wareable.com/fitness-trackers/the-best-fitness-tracker

They list one as low as $25 and give reviews, so it can help you make a good decision on what works well. Otherwise, just spend some time researching, reading reviews, and checking comment sections to find what would work best for you. (The fact that you're asking here is a great start! :smile: )

I am one step ahead of you! I actually have been to that site before and also have been checking Amazon reviews :) They have all just made me hesitant to buy lol. I thought I would get some opinions on here. Thanks for your input! Maybe I will end up just getting the fitbit ;)
  • cookma423
    cookma423 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Glad you beat me to the punch there. It was where I started when I was looking for a new one back around November. Like I said, I ended up with a Garmin running watch and I absolutely love it (I think it was about $120; its the Forerunner 15). I was looking at the Jawbone too though. They all have ups and downs, but the Fitbit website interacts well here and has lots of cool achievements that you get as you go (I think the last one I got was "You walked across New Zealand" before I gave it up haha). Good luck finding one!
  • gaxarlis08
    Options
    bump
  • cor306
    cor306 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    EBay... I got a no name tracker for $15. Just doesn't have the social aspect of the fitbit. Tracks steps, sleep, distance, and has an alarm. Vibrates when you get a phone call.
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Amazon as refurbished original Garmin Vivofits for $44.00.
  • ascholl2013
    ascholl2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lots of used Fitbits available for sale for reasonable amounts. You can get the One model fairly cheaply and it's good. Watch Brad's deals for some very good deals, including from Brookstone. As the new models come out, prices on others will plummet.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit Zip and I think it was only about $60.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If all you are looking for is a step counter. Get a Pedometer. Check with your health insurance carrier. Mine gives you a pedometer free for asking.
  • ctraugh
    ctraugh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit one.
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would definitely recommend a Fitbit even if you have to start off with a smaller one. I have also seen the Fitbit charge on groupon.