need motivation

Options
I have no motivation what so ever even if I eat healthy I can't seem yo stay in my calorie range. I'm always so tired.

Replies

• sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Motivation has to come from within, no one can give it to you. If you are trying then something is motivating you. You want to lose weight? be healthier? Gain weight? Why are you here? That's your motivation. You can get support from other people though....what do you need to help you on your journey?
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I want to see weight. I know that much. I want to be healthier. I been trying to motivate my self. I I guess I just need as much encouragement as possible to keep me going and stay away from my comfort food. I did it once but gained it l back went from 210 to 150. Walking has been my primary thing but I started using the elliptical and it makes my heart race so bad. And I think I'm gonna have a heart attack. (I am a hypochondriac ) however dr says hearts good and I'm a ok to exercise. I'm also a smoker. Which I want to quit too, but fear the reprocessing of gaining weight. That was my motivator last time to lose weight.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Perhaps your calorie goal is too aggressive?

Are you eating any exercise calories back?
    How much did you tell mfp you wanted to lose? What is your goal currently? Have you tried setting it to lose less per week?
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you are a hypochondriac, then you'd probably feel better about your health if you stop smoking and took good care of yourself. You did it once, which means you have the ability to do it again. Good luck!!
  • camelgirlmn
    Options
    Yeah been eating the calories back some days. I put one pound a week or less. I need to lose about 70 pounds at least. But starting slowly. I am attempting to quit. Smoking. Trying and trying I will eventually get it. I figure I'll start losing weight first. It just makes me feel good with more people motivating me and encouraging me. :) I know I can do this. Slowly but surely. I'm taking baby steps because this time I plan on losing the weight and keeping it off
  • krystal193
    krystal193 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about getting a Fitbit? I know someone in the Fitbit Challenge Group on Facebook who had a doctor tell her that she had a heart attack based on the heart rate levels recorded on her Charge HR Fitbit. It could give you extra motivation with the challenges.
  • camelgirlmn
    Options
    No, I haven't tried that yet. I have a pedometer cuz I usually walk.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You may also be hungry because you meals aren't balanced with protein,carbohydrates and fat. I find if I eat a balanced meal of about 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbohydrate (with some fiber) and 1/3 fat (by # of calories), I feel fuller and more satisfied.
  • camelgirlmn
    Options
    I have problems trying to figure all that out. That's the problem. I get frustrated and give up when I have to figure that out. I try and stick with one thing. Like calories and make sure to add in protein and as far as carbs, I eat way to many of them and have yet to figure it out.