Fitbit vs jawbone

Options
Hello all

I am planning to buy a fitness tracker! I personally like the smart coach feature in the up 2 jaw bone but heard Fitbit is the most sold tracker! Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance

Replies

• itsnota400
    itsnota400 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost 11 pounds following the jawbone upmove in conjunction with mfp. I use mfp to track food and exercise and steps in jawbone as its meant to be more accurate. Plus if you lose your upmove there's a GPS tracker on the app which fitbit dosent have. I do recommend the jawbone.
  • archana3383
    archana3383 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can I add u in my up!
  • krystal193
    krystal193 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you decided to go with a Fitbit you can send me a Fitbit friend request.
    And you can also add me as a friend on Bounts, the activity rewards site. It syncs to most fitness trackers. If you use the referral code Chastain1335 at www.Bounts.it when you sign up you will get 100 points after you do your first activity.

• WordWhisperer
    WordWhisperer Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit friends frequently compliment the data I get and the way Smart Coach uses it; I think this confirms the Jawbone is underrated.

However, I'm the only one who doesn't have the Fitbit, so it's pretty lonely!

Ultimately I decided I preferred the Jawbone data and app, but almost daily I wish I could share it with my buddies.
  • archana3383
    archana3383 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit friends frequently compliment the data I get and the way Smart Coach uses it; I think this confirms the Jawbone is underrated.

However, I'm the only one who doesn't have the Fitbit, so it's pretty lonely!

Ultimately I decided I preferred the Jawbone data and app, but almost daily I wish I could share it with my buddies.

Could we be up friends ! I jus got my up 3 days back and I simple love it! I don't know hot add friends in here or on the up app too
  • brittanykfolsom
    brittanykfolsom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge HR and I love it. I don't know anything about the Jawbone so I can't down it. I have been able to since my fitbit to MFP and the seem to work pretty well together. I like that my fitbit tracks my sleep so I can tell what nights are my most restless and can see that I don't get enough sleep most nights. I also like that when I hit my 10k steps its like a party on my wrist letting me know i reached my goal! You can adjust your goals so that it is a more reachable goal. Good luck in your hunt!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I had a jawbone up originally and loved the app, data, and the small footprint on my wrist. I fried it and had to replace it. (Customer service gave me a 25% off coupon since we couldn't fix my original, so kudos for customer service). I got the jawbone up 2 as a replacement. Unfortunately, I found the responsiveness of the touch sensor terrible. It was either too sensitive or I had to slap the darn thing to get it to respond, so I sent it back. I now have a garmin vivofit 2 right now that I'm pretty happy with the main unit, but the chest strap HRM (sold separately) has not worked as well as my 10 year old Polar chest strap, so that's a negative if you want that. The app is ok, not as slick as jawbone, but I like being able to control what's on the screen on the wrist unit and having something that shows the time is nice too, which the jawbone doesn't do. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had a jawbone up once until the charging cord disappeared now I have a Fitbit charge and I like it better
  • Sandiki2Point0
    Sandiki2Point0 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fitbit charge hr here and Blaze on the way. I began with a fitbit flex years ago when it was first released. I love my bit...and to be honest I put it in a drawer for a year, charged it back up and ready to go! All my data was still there and started to track my steps again. I love the Charger HR. It breaks down my cardio vs fat burn zones with my workouts. It also recognized some of my favorite workouts based on my movement. I ordered the blaze so I can wear it to work with a lil style....still has those features and more. (I'm an RN...I walk... a lot!)