Thanks for the plethora of knowledge
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Nail - head - hit
  • miriamm4je88
    miriamm4je88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You have to burn approx 3500cal to burn 1lb of fat...made me think twice abt how many calories I'm gonna eat!
  • miabellesf
    miabellesf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    True!
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Like the old adage: A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.
  • Burger2066
    Burger2066 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There are some foods that I think are gross, and those calories are not easy to eat.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Good things take hard work, right? Sounds like some negative thinking, OP. Losing weight and being healthy is only as hard and as negative as you make it. You have the choice. Start small. Enjoy your successes and keep building on them!
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    OK
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You have to burn approx 3500cal to burn 1lb of fat...made me think twice abt how many calories I'm gonna eat!

In order to lose 1 lb/ week you need a deficit of 500 cals per day. You can do that with restricting your calorie intake, increasing your activity/exercise, or a combination of both.

MFP makes it really simple to track your calories in and out and maintain a deficit in order to lose weight at an appropriate weight.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is just providing another take on the adage that "You can't outrun a bad diet." It's true as far as it goes. I can easily eat calories in one sitting than I can exercise off in an entire day. And have done so.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I think the OP is just providing another take on the adage that "You can't outrun a bad diet." It's true as far as it goes. I can easily eat calories in one sitting than I can exercise off in an entire day. And have done so.

Depends how bad and how far.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    duh
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If you are alive you are burning calories so for most of us it's not hard. But it's a lot more fun eat extra calories than to burn the extra calories off.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmderp. I mean yup.
  • greyismycolour
    greyismycolour Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can burn calories in my sleep but I need to be conscious to eat... therefore I declare burning calories to be easier. ;)
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No need to yell.
  • funflames
    funflames Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    any challenges or frns from india