One year, 71 pounds gone

Koorii
Koorii Posts: 65 Member
5dxpvt5rcl5x.jpg

I joined MFP sometime in 2012, as part of a desire to get healthy and be able to do things like a "normal" person. I failed, miserably. It went fine for a few weeks, but then I crashed. I probably wasn't eating enough and I was probably working my body too much. Regardless, I would crash and burn several times before I would get it right.

Sometime in 2014 (following the darkest chapter of my life), I decided that I needed to get healthy and that it needed to stick. No more soda, no more fast food, very little eating out, and less World of Warcraft. More healthy choices. I started dieting in 2014 but I didn't weigh myself until February of 2015 (when I started going to the gym consistently). I weighed in at 345 pounds, which is heavier than my 2012 starting weight of 326 pounds.

So during the past year I just ate better, ate less, and went to the gym on a more regular basis. And today I weighed in at 274 pounds. I wear a size 36 in pants and an XL shirt, which is what I wore in high school (10 years ago).

Sure I've seen people lose at a faster rate, but I'm happy with my progress. I'm not perfect and I'm not out to be a body builder. I still take days off from the gym just because, and I still have a few days a month where I'll eat 4000 calories. I just listen to my body.

Feel free to friend me if you'd like. I personally don't log food anymore, but I do log in everyday. I'm not extremely talkative on MFP, but if you send me a message I will reply.

This is only a work in progress, I'm about halfway to my goal.
"We can't stop here, this is bat country!"

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    right on!! big changes!
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Great job! You look great!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Awesome and inspirational! Way to go.
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Nice job! You look great!
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    That is amazing! Great job! I need to remind myself that I'm not going to lose all the weight overnight.
  • TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    You do look great. Why not log food though?
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Congrats!
  • Koorii
    Thank you so much guys! Still a work in progress, but good health is a lifelong journey.

TamzFit777 wrote: »
    You do look great. Why not log food though?

I personally don't log food anymore because I'm pretty boring, and unless I go out to eat (rare), I eat the same things every week. So I pretty much know my calorie intake already. If I cook a new dish that I've never had before, I'll log it just so I know for future reference, but I just can't log everytime I eat. It works for some people, just not me.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You look great. Keep doing what is working for you. :mrgreen:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    You should certainly feel proud! I love that you found a method that works for you.
  • mwinslow69
    mwinslow69 Posts: 58 Member
    That's great that you stuck to your guns. Looking great!
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    oh those arms... nicceeee

great work!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 966 Member
    Congratulations! You look awesome. Strong work.
  • wawa2nc
    wawa2nc Posts: 24 Member
    Nice Job!! keep it up!
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Great job!
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Amazing! You look way younger now.
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Fantastic job! Congrats on hanging in there and finding your own right way!
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Great job! Thanks for sharing!
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Awesome man, my starting weight was 367 and I came in at 341 the other day. I'm down a notch on the belts I wear and my 3X shirts are starting to feel looser. Can't wait to go back to my old 2X clothes and buy some new pants that don't sag even with a belt. Keep it up!
  • Koorii
    Awesome man, my starting weight was 367 and I came in at 341 the other day. I'm down a notch on the belts I wear and my 3X shirts are starting to feel looser. Can't wait to go back to my old 2X clothes and buy some new pants that don't sag even with a belt. Keep it up!

You keep it up man! You put in work, you'll get the results. Just don't kill yourself doing it, and realize that it will take time. Don't get discouraged because it isn't going as fast as you want.

When I was looking for XL shirts to try on, I scrounged around forever and only found 3, and two of them weren't even mine! Shows how long it has been since I could wear them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!