Avocado Addicts!

Jaxxy01
Jaxxy01 Posts: 18 Member
edited February 2016 in Recipes
My name is Jacky, and I'm an avocado addict lol

Please, if you have any delicious avocado recipes I'd love to hear about them!!!

Here is one of my favorites.............

http://minimalistbaker.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-avocado-pudding/

Replies

• gaxarlis08
    gaxarlis08 Posts: 40 Member
    I LOVE avocado as well. I like to spread it on toast and drizzle olive oil and top with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. It's delicious!! Very filling and satisfying
  • lori94901
    lori94901 Posts: 2 Member
    I put avocado on toasted whole grain English muffins & sprinkle sea salt & crushed red pepper on it. This is delicious.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    I pureed it with garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and mixed it with zucchini noodles.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    I made fresh turkey burgers added some onion, tomatoe, and avocado. I put it in a low fat sandwich wrap but would also be yummers in a lettuce wrap. I also like to mash it with some fresh salsa... GUACAMOLE!!!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    My favorite is avocado tuna salad. Instead of mayo you use an avocado! Yummm
  • joeyleerobbins
    joeyleerobbins Posts: 25 Member
    I eat avocado several days a week. I go on binges where I will eat them every day for weeks at a time. My favorite avocado lunch is to get a can of low sodium Garbanzo beans and mix em up with one whole ripe avocado. I add a little salt and pepper and a couple tablespoons of nutritional yeast. I am addicted to that combo. I absolutely love it!
  • 75poundgoal
    75poundgoal Posts: 28 Member
    Count me in!!! I love avocados. I usually mix them with tuna, cottage cheese, or chicken and put a little mild hot sauce on it. This is my go to staple on a daily basis.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    I eat avocado several days a week. I go on binges where I will eat them every day for weeks at a time. My favorite avocado lunch is to get a can of low sodium Garbanzo beans and mix em up with one whole ripe avocado. I add a little salt and pepper and a couple tablespoons of nutritional yeast. I am addicted to that combo. I absolutely love it!
    This sounds amazing! I will eat that.
  • Jaxxy01

ohhhh i'm liking the sound of this combination! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Jaxxy01
    I pureed it with garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and mixed it with zucchini noodles.

Must try this too....sound delish! Thank you!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    There is a frozen yogurt place here that makes this sandwich. I make it at home now. So good!

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/06/avocado-delight.html

Avocado+Delight+4.JPG
  • amy13a
    amy13a Posts: 32 Member
    I recently tasted an avocado for the first time, I have to say they aint half bad.
  • SpiderGwens
    SpiderGwens Posts: 87 Member
    I'm also an avocado addict! My favorite way to eat it is plain with a tiny bit of salt.

Last week, I made chickpea pasta and topped it with some chicken and avocado pesto and it was awesome. Here's the recipe for the pesto: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45534/avocado-pesto-linguine-recipe/
  • DonnaD1026
    DonnaD1026 Posts: 3 Member
    Count me in!!! I love avocados. I usually mix them with tuna, cottage cheese, or chicken and put a little mild hot sauce on it. This is my go to staple on a daily basis.

They all sound very good. Thanks!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Lately for breakfast I've been doing the baked avocado with an egg in each half, with chipotle tabasco.
    Or, avocado mixed with cottage cheese.

I also love avocado on toast, with salt and a few other yummies.

And in my burritos

and just because.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member

I love nooch and will be trying THIS immediately.
  • TimaTeemz
    TimaTeemz Posts: 18 Member
    I am such an avocado lover! :D

One of my fav recipes is Avocado salad.

Ingredients:
    1-2 avocados
    1/2 tomato
    1/4 onions
    2-3 cooked/boiled baby potatoes
    2 hard boiled eggs

Dice up avocados, tomatoes, and onions
    Add in two boiled eggs and a few baby potatoes
    Combine ingredients into large bowl and mix with two tablespoons of olive oil,vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt.

Enjoy
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    I lightly toast some pumpkin seeds on a skillet and then crush them up and sprinkle them on avocado.

Learned that trick from Rick Bayless... he used them in a guacamole recipe.

• Jaxxy01
    TimaTeemz wrote: »
    I am such an avocado lover! :D

One of my fav recipes is Avocado salad.

Ingredients:
    1-2 avocados
    1/2 tomato
    1/4 onions
    2-3 cooked/boiled baby potatoes
    2 hard boiled eggs

Dice up avocados, tomatoes, and onions
    Add in two boiled eggs and a few baby potatoes
    Combine ingredients into large bowl and mix with two tablespoons of olive oil,vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt.

Enjoy
    I lightly toast some pumpkin seeds on a skillet and then crush them up and sprinkle them on avocado.

Learned that trick from Rick Bayless... he used them in a guacamole recipe.
    Lately for breakfast I've been doing the baked avocado with an egg in each half, with chipotle tabasco.
    Or, avocado mixed with cottage cheese.

I also love avocado on toast, with salt and a few other yummies.

And in my burritos

and just because.

Yummmmmmy! Thank you for keeping the variety in my avocado addition alive!! I look forward to trying these
  • TinyInTO
    TinyInTO Posts: 3 Member
    Jaxxy01 wrote: »

Must try this too....sound delish! Thank you!

I've made this minus the nuts. Amazing stuff. I'm you have read it over you need to try. Especially if you are on a low carb diet.