Working to break through this plateau

I've done every fad diet and lost weight then gained it all back plus more. This time I'm doing it right and have been hitting the gym with strength training and cardio. Been plateaued for a couple months but have maintained. Time to break this weight loss plateau and increase lean muscle mass! :)

Replies

• tess453
    tess453 Posts: 121 Member
    In the same situation! Set myself an original goal last year of losing a stone to get me started. As I lost and learned more about my health I realised I had more to lose to be a healthy weight for my height. In October I hit the 1 stone mark (woo!) but since then lost all motivation and am just maintaining.

wondering whether I should mix it up and try something new. New type of exercise or adjust my diet?

Need some help breaking this plateau!
  • elaineously
    elaineously Posts: 40 Member
    I've been stuck for a while too. I know I need to add more exercise to break out of the plateau.
  • ridinwestern79
    ridinwestern79 Posts: 3 Member
    It takes A LOT of food eating healthy to reach my recommended calorie intake. With my workouts it's leaving me well below and won't let me post! I'm hoping to break this plateau in 2 weeks time :smile:
  • ridinwestern79
    ridinwestern79 Posts: 3 Member
    @tess453 Congratulations on your weight-loss and maintaining! I'm changing my diet and keeping track of how much I lift so I can make proper progress. Sounds like you've done good so far! Maybe try changing 1 or 2 things at a time to see what works :) Good luck!
  • madisonw123
    madisonw123 Posts: 4 Member
    Sadly, there are no gyms where I live, and there is only one, but considering I'm a young girl and there are a lot of "old suspicious men" as my mom puts it, I don't wanna take that chance