Looking For Friends

Options
It's true that the older one gets the harder it can be to meet new people.

While I can be very outgoing, I can also be a bit of an isolator, do things by myself, not talk much, kind of person.

I realize that my mind and spirit needs good interactions with other people, especially people that are also trying to get healthier and lose weight and increase their self of self esteem and self love.

I am looking for new friends who are also on a weightloss journey. :)

Replies

• Maddy1150
    Maddy1150 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me! I'm content to be in and sewing or embroidering all day - and taking a long walk by myself. Love having my kids and grandkids join me. I have a few good friends but my expectations are high in friendships - no drama! I'm thankful for 4 sisters that are my best friends:) I'm soon to be 60 and on a goal to lose at least 15#s - perferable 35#s but I realize at my age it's not going to come off as fast as it used to. Good luck on your journey!
  • michellerdh64
    michellerdh64 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am really looking for friends that are serious about losing weight and getting healthy! I am new to mfp!
    briegirl28 wrote: »
    It's true that the older one gets the harder it can be to meet new people.

While I can be very outgoing, I can also be a bit of an isolator, do things by myself, not talk much, kind of person.

I realize that my mind and spirit needs good interactions with other people, especially people that are also trying to get healthier and lose weight and increase their self of self esteem and self love.

I am looking for new friends who are also on a weightloss journey. :)

• briegirl28
    briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I find the more I can communicate with people who are going through the same things, the more I will be able to feel pro-active versus reactive, ya know? I am so happy for MFP and the support available here. :)
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hang in, Briegirl! If I can do it, you can do it! 64 here. Down 77 pounds over that last year. 14 to go!
  • lovemamabear
    lovemamabear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my 4 th time losing the weight, I gained it all back 3 times. I refuse to give up, but I know the road is long. This is the first time I have posted anything on mfp. I'm looking for support and also to be there to lift others up along my way. The journey of a lifetime
  • Malenurse51
    Malenurse51 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is my 4 th time losing the weight, I gained it all back 3 times. I refuse to give up, but I know the road is long. This is the first time I have posted anything on mfp. I'm looking for support and also to be there to lift others up along my way. The journey of a lifetime

Jump in! The waters fine!

• briegirl28
    briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

You can so do this! The great thing is that you already have the tools to get the results. :) this is my 2nd time losing weight on a low carb lifestyle. I know it works in the past, I just need to stick with it.
  • lovemamabear
    Options
    Thank you I know we can succeed!
  • illykins87
    illykins87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! ☺
  • lauriekk22
    lauriekk22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • ducky0520
    ducky0520 Posts: 13 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Add me, I need the support and would like to help other also. Just to be an ear and listen to you and try to bring u up. I cant do it alone so let's do this together....I don't see how to send friend request :/
  • lovemamabear
    Options
    I know right? It took me 4 ever to figure that one out too. If you click on the persons name and then their picture that comes up there will be a little blue man on the right, click that to send a request. Hope that helps. Feel free to add me!