How do you rate 'The 30 Day Shred' DVD?

Options
Hey!

I'm looking to invest in a new workout DVD and have seen this DVD mentioned quite a bit? Is there anyone that has used it for the 30 days and seen good results? Is it a step above the rest? Marks out of 10? Any info would be great! Or if you can recommend any good ones?

Thank you!

Replies

• Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Jillian's dvds are great!! =) shred is a GREAT circuit training dvd and she def kicks your butt and makes you work!! def close to a 10 in my opinion. at least a 7 for SURE 7 or 8.. its good and worth the money, lets just say that! her new ripped in 30 one is also a good circuit training dvd as well!
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I don't have it but it seems to work. The amount of times its mentioned on here.... my word! I have 6 week 6 pack and it's done amazing things for my stomach (and legs in fact). 30 day shred is more all over...

What I will say though is that if you do pretty much any workout dvd for 30 days in a row you will see results!
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I dont only rely on just her dvds alone to loss weight. I mix it in with a bunch of other stuff so im not sure how well it would be just on its own, but im sure if you do it consistently and religiously, it will give u great results without a doubt =) I noticed my stomach has been getting a lot more defined since doing her ripped in 30! she does some great core work
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/253907-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread

check out this thread...you will see how it has worked for others on here!!
  • SuzieR
    SuzieR Posts: 127
    Options
    I'm on day 20, about to start level 3.

I have a lot to lose (80lb in total)

I have noticed a difference in my stomach and there is a bit more definition in my arms. I measured myself about a week in and won't measure again til I've finished, so I don't know about inches lost yet. I have lost 6lb but have been eating properly (mostly!) and doing some other exercise too - walking, badminton, a bit of cycling and TuboJam cardio a couple of times and TurboSculpt once so far ... I think my fitness level has improved.

I've enjoyed the DVD - it was HARD to start with ... actually it's still hard. But it is only 20 minutes which makes me feel guilty if I don't do it. I am getting a bit bored with it now though, and will be glad when it's over!

ETA I'd give it a 7/10 ... I think it works, but it is a bit repetitive
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Not something I really enjoyed, or felt as though it was making any changes.

Then again, I only stuck with it for like a week and a half.

I didn't feel like I was getting stronger, and my weight was sitting stationary.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The Amazon reviews are excellent. I'm on day 7 and I can feel a difference already.
  • Lady_Kayla
    Lady_Kayla Posts: 19
    Options
    I have just ordered this DVD from Amazon. On the strength of the excellent reviews. Look on success stories & there are before & after photo's from people who've done 30 days shred. They're amazing.
  • shrinkinggg
    Options
    I tried out some of it that I found on YouTube and loved it. I'm going to order the actual DVD when I get paid tomorrow. :D
  • shrinkinggg
    Options
    I tried out some of it that I found on YouTube and loved it. I'm going to order the actual DVD when I get paid tomorrow. :D
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi, these is a link to my post on my 30DS results

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262887-i-only-went-and-bloody-did-it

I lost around 14llbs thanks to the shred, toned all over, if im honest, i bloody loved it! the best twenty minute worksout you can buy
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Great workout DVD and totally love it too! It's get repetative, but it also get results! I don't think you'll be disappointed, especially if you do it every day for the 30 days and watch your diet! I also keep to my running schedule with this! Good luck!!!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I started it 2 days ago and def. feel like its working muscles that I wasn't working doing my daily Elliptical, crunches and weights. I will do the 30DS and then hop on the elliptical for 30-40 min. to burn some more calories. Guess we will see in a couple of weeks how it works out for me. :)
  • MelanieP_TX
    MelanieP_TX Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I just bought Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, I think it may be the new release/spin off of 30 day shred- I am using it as a bonus workout everyday along with my regular gym routine. ( I am desperate to get toned, I am on Level 1 day 4) I think she does a better job of explaining the moves in this one to avoid all the injuries sustained in 30 day shred that a lot of ppl complain of getting.

Thank goodness it is short because thats about all I can stand of her :huh: Personally, her personality drives me nuts. But with that being said, I definitely believe it is an effective DVD and worth the $9.47 at Walmart. :happy:
  • BArdovino78
    Options
    I've completed 30DS twice since January of this year and just completed her Ripped in 30 last week. 30DS was my first dvd program or workout program period, for that matter. When I started I was 132 lbs and at a beginner level. Even jumping jacks and jump rope moves were kicking my butt at first. My goal was to get toned and build my strength and endurance. It did just that. I started with 3 lb weights and progressed to 5’s. After I completed 30DS the second time I was ready for more of a challenge with Ripped in 30. That one really got me in shape, but without being prepped with 30DS I would’ve given up early on for sure. I’m now using 8 lbs weights and doing her 6 weeks 6 pack abs and mixing it up with different levels of Ripped until I can decide what I’m ready to go with for a program next. You won’t be disappointed. For only $9 at Walmart or Target her dvd’s are well worth it! You can’t get a high intensity workout in a half hour at the gym for that price. Good luck!
  • sezsazzle
    sezsazzle Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice / comments / stories. It's been very helpful and the results look fantastic of those who have completed the 30 days. i will definitely order it. Is it good for your thighs? That's the area i really need to work!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 4. The actual workouts are good if all of the exercises are done with proper form, but there are too many issues with it for me to rate it higher. First, there is the whole 30 days aspect of it. The way the muscles work, they need 48 hours to repair after weight work so you can't do a total body weight workout every day without causing more damage to the body then you are doing it any good. Yes, I know she is using tiny little weights that are giving more of a cardio effect then standard weight training, but they are still causing damage to the type I muscle fibers that needs to be repaired. If you do it every other day, and alternate with straight cardio like jogging or biking or swimming or something, that's fine. Second, there are aspects of form that are flat out horrible! Jillian explains proper form on squats for example, but then you watch her and her knees are out over her toes which is the exact thing she said not to do. Her background exercisers form isn't any better. If you have an exercise background and know proper form so you can do proper form for the workout, it's okay, but definitely not for beginners who do what they see because they don't know proper form. Finally, if you are really trying to get your body in good overall condition, you can't do it with the same workout done over and over for a long period of time. To properly get into excellent condition, you have to do a mix of training. Each week the workouts should include a variety of modalities and intensities; weights should be a mix of heavy, medium, and light weight in workouts that are inverse with heavy, medium, and light repetition, cardio should be a mix of intervals and steady state, there should be some high intensity and some low intensity, there should be some plyometrics, and there should be some flexibility. You aren't going to get all that from 30 Day Shred.