Fitbit HR Users come in

Options
2»

Replies

• golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I recently found out how to change my stride size because I was getting a lot of steps at work on days I didn't feel particularly busy. Went to the gym and tracked my strides over a set distance and then changed the setting. Now I'm getting less steps but more mileage and that's definitely effected my calorie burn. For example, yesterday I had 21,000 steps or 10.68 miles and I burned 1153 calories. My Charge HR has been pretty accurate since I got it in May. I ate different amounts (combined with exercise) each week for 4 weeks and noted the weight trends. I only lost when I net 1900 calories on my Fitbit so that's what I'm shooting for now.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I've had my Charge HR since the first week of August and I find the TDEE it gives me to be quite accurate. If anything it slightly under estimates.

Do keep in mind that the Fitbit figure is TDEE, not just exercise calories.

I like to avoid confusion as much as possible, so I do NOT link my Fitbit with MFP. It seems to me that either totally confuses too many people or they have issues with getting the sites to sync properly. From watching my Fitbit TDEE over time I have a very good idea of what my average is. Since I've been in maintenance for a couple of months I simply try to match my calorie intake (logged on MFP) to the average TDEE per Fitbit.