The long journey begins

Options
Peekadoo
Peekadoo Posts: 29 Member
Hi! My name is Peekadoo and my body is a calorie hoarder. Today is day two of my most recent commitment to teaching my body how to burn calories. I have 300 pounds to lose and would appreciate all of the encouragement I can get. I know how hard it is to lose weight, and I commend anyone and everyone who has the courage to pick themselves up and start again.

Replies

• andyp10
    andyp10 Posts: 11
    Options
    Simple rules - Dont Have A bad Day and eat, eat, eat!
    - if you do have a bad day it aint over! the odd bad day over the period of the time loosing will not change your outcome!
    - Weigh your foods to know what your taking!
    - Egg whites are a great filler and only 17 - 20 cals each. Boil them up and leave them in the fridge for when you get hungry!
  • Ajduf
    Ajduf Posts: 5
    Options
    Well done. Actually being here is half the battle. And once the scales go down it is quite addictive!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Don't think about the long journey, think about the daily journey. If you move more and eat less, you will see results. If you make a bad choice, don't let that lead to another bad choice. You can do it and we can help!! Good luck to you!!!:drinker:
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Add friends that support and motivate you! I have been on diets before but this isn't a diet it is a lifestyle change. I have been on MFP for a little over 1 1/2 months and have lost 18 lbs so far. I give credit to my friends for holding me accountable and pushing me a little ;) I wish you luck on your journey!

My favorite quote that motivates me is :

Giving up something now for something even better in the FUTURE is not a sacrafice....it's an INVESTMENT!!!

now---unhealthy food
    future===healthier me!!!
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    Welcome! I started on May 10 and have lost 13lbs so far. I have "tried" to lose weight in the past but I have not had much success. I love the support and the resources on MFP. It's what keeps me motivated every day! Add me as a friend if you'd like! :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You can do this. Success is never giving up!!:flowerforyou: