One tiny bowl of cereal??

Options
Set goal 1200cals daily. Just had 20g plain Allbran and 2fl ounces lowfat milk. Got told by Fitness pal that I'd hit the "daily protein goal". What? How? Is this right? I haven't eaten anything else today yet.

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    What is your protein goal currently? Both the cereal and milk don't have much protein. I find that MFP default protein goal is on the low side, so it is okay to go over. I set mine manually and eat around 60-100g per day, so you should be fine.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    At this point I would focus on your cal goal more than your macros. As long as you are under cals you will lose weight.
    Side note: that bowl of cereal sounds sad to me and I would be hungry the minute I finished it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My plan for tomorrow has 12 oz of white meat chicken. That meets my target for protein. I suggest you review your Goals and Settings to see if you have set your goal to consume 5% of your RDA of protein.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Cyrinadia wrote: »
    Set goal 1200cals daily. Just had 20g plain Allbran and 2fl ounces lowfat milk. Got told by Fitness pal that I'd hit the "daily protein goal". What? How? Is this right? I haven't eaten anything else today yet.

Makes little sense unless you picked up a rogue data entry.

Open your diary - Settings, scroll down to set to Public bottom left - they we'll be able to see.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Milk and ceral are basically just sugar. Bacon, cheese and eggs would be MUCH better!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Set your own goals Protein .8 x desired body weight Fat .4 desired body weight Carbs for the rest of your caloric goal
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    sounds like the entry may be wrong
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking bad database entry, too.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Set your own goals Protein .8 x desired body weight Fat .4 desired body weight Carbs for the rest of your caloric goal

I've never seen this calculated the way you did. I like it!