Not my first rodeo

Options
I've had this app for about a year now. Last year I hot my all time high of 285lbs. That was pretty depressing, so I decided to fix it. First and foremost I had to change my eating habits. I ate nothing but pure junk food, high in carbs. My cholesterol was through the roof, my blood pressure was borderline high and I was in the worst shape of my life. I happened to stumble upon atkins/ketogenic website and started doing a little research. Didn't take long for me to decide that was the route I wanted to take. Within 2 months of me changing my eating habits alone I dropped down to 236lbs. Since then I had alot of things happen in my life that got me away from that and I gained a lot of that weight back. A month a go I was 274lbs and now I am back down to 259. I am determined to drop this weight and keep it off this time.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are doing well! I've been where you are. Feel free to add me.
  • LaphroaigRules
    LaphroaigRules Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey man what's up! We are all here to support you with your goals!! Add me if you like :)
  • awbolden
    awbolden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Going through a similar challenge. Frustrating when you try to lose weight but gain it instead.
  • TexasJohnnyBravo
    TexasJohnnyBravo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree, it has been very frustrating. My job adds a lot of stress but I love what I do. I'm always keeping track of things such as my blood glucose levels, blood pressure, body measurements, weight, BF%, BMI because a lot of times it will tell me if I need to make adjustments to my diet. Cooking for myself has helped tremendously though.
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    At least you already know you have will power and the ability to drop the lbs. You got this!!
  • TexasJohnnyBravo
    Options
    Thank you, I just need the extra motivation. I need to stay focused!
  • choombob
    choombob Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can totally understand this. I used this app two years ago and managed to lose 60 lbs. Since then, life happened and I ended up gaining 25 lbs back :( It's upsetting, I know, but atleast we know it's possible and doable! Wish you the best on your journey and I know you can do it! Good luck :)
  • TexasJohnnyBravo
    Options
    Thank you! I know what works for me and I'm going to stick with that, just add more cardio and weight training this time. I have a specific goal I want to reach by the end of this year. So I must remain focused and vigilant! :)
  • MsDeeHawk12
    MsDeeHawk12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not new to MFP, but I've been gone for almost two years.

The last time I was on, I was so motivated and the support I gained here was priceless. I lost 45 pounds and felt so healthy and strong.

Unfortunately, life got in the way and it all fell apart. But, I'm angry and on a mission. Time to take back control of my life. My main goals are to lose 80 pounds total and to complete a RUN DISNEY in 2017.

I will be on daily and am looking for buddies to help keep me motivated. I promise to do the same for you!

Send me a friend request if you are interested.