Looking for a motivator to help me keep my head in the right place!

Options
Uhg ive tried so many things in the past and nothing ever seems to work. I really want to get it right this time but I know I need support so if somebody anybody wants to give me a good
swift kick in the patootie that would be awesome. :smiley:

Replies

• AFettes21
    AFettes21 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Amber from Wisconsin. I've been using MFP for over 4 years now with some great success! I had lost 99 pounds before getting pregnant with my second child and gained back 40. Im still looking to lose about 90-100 pounds. I'm on here pretty much every day so feel free to add me if you want some motivation and support. I'm always looking for new friends to help me along the way! Good luck on your journey!
  • Chadwick891
    Chadwick891 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

The most important thing I believe to losing weight is to do it for yourself. Give up all the other reasons and just think to yourself "this is what I want to do" and do it!

Motivational factors could include a list of accomplishments you wish to attain by a certain stage, or that special someone that you're trying to impress.

As for me, I have done this journey twice. Been a member on MFP for a number of years and have a blog post here that may help you(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Chadwick891/view/motivation-to-your-new-body-180907)

And I am currently doing it again; having another competition to lose weight in I am down 11.7KG and we are at the end of week 4. I have 6 weeks left and I'm hoping to lose another 20kg by the end of it (not sure what this works out to in lb)

But what I am trying to say is that YOU will be the biggest factor in determining whether or not you'll be successful.

What I can say from experience is don't listen to people who are avid that there are "clean foods" and "unclean foods". Check my diary history, I've been lavashing ice cream, pizzas and other products and have still lost 12kg in 4 weeks. I just meet certain goals that I set out for myself (macronutritional goals) and at the end of the week I am lighter.

You don't need to exercise to lose weight, but it does help. You can lose weight by simply eating less calories than your body needs to maintain weight.

The biggest thing that gets people though is simply being unmotivated in a moment of weakness (i.e. you have a piece of chocolate, feel guilty, then figure "screw it, I'm doomed anyway" and eat the rest of the block, then you'll stop tracking food and just eat whatever) and honestly, it's OK to eat chocolate. Weight loss is not a daily thing, it's a lifestyle. Everyone has moments of weakness, it really doesn't make THAT big of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Think of it this way. You eat really good all week. Then you eat 4-5 pieces of chocolate in one sitting. Do you really think that a week worth of hard work is suddenly going to fail because you ate some chocolate one time? Think of this over a year. 52 weeks * 7 days of eating well.. You had 52 days of the entire year where you had chocolate. You obviously will lose weight because you've spent the majority of your time eating less.

:)

Hope I didn't bore you to death! haha

Chad
  • baffle5000
    baffle5000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Barb from Ohio. Been done this road so many times. I am also looking for friends to help me reach my goal. This time to feel better, eat healthier. You can feel free to add me I truly have years and tears of experience.
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

The most important thing I believe to losing weight is to do it for yourself. Give up all the other reasons and just think to yourself "this is what I want to do" and do it!

Motivational factors could include a list of accomplishments you wish to attain by a certain stage, or that special someone that you're trying to impress.

As for me, I have done this journey twice. Been a member on MFP for a number of years and have a blog post here that may help you(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Chadwick891/view/motivation-to-your-new-body-180907)

And I am currently doing it again; having another competition to lose weight in I am down 11.7KG and we are at the end of week 4. I have 6 weeks left and I'm hoping to lose another 20kg by the end of it (not sure what this works out to in lb)

But what I am trying to say is that YOU will be the biggest factor in determining whether or not you'll be successful.

What I can say from experience is don't listen to people who are avid that there are "clean foods" and "unclean foods". Check my diary history, I've been lavashing ice cream, pizzas and other products and have still lost 12kg in 4 weeks. I just meet certain goals that I set out for myself (macronutritional goals) and at the end of the week I am lighter.

You don't need to exercise to lose weight, but it does help. You can lose weight by simply eating less calories than your body needs to maintain weight.

The biggest thing that gets people though is simply being unmotivated in a moment of weakness (i.e. you have a piece of chocolate, feel guilty, then figure "screw it, I'm doomed anyway" and eat the rest of the block, then you'll stop tracking food and just eat whatever) and honestly, it's OK to eat chocolate. Weight loss is not a daily thing, it's a lifestyle. Everyone has moments of weakness, it really doesn't make THAT big of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Think of it this way. You eat really good all week. Then you eat 4-5 pieces of chocolate in one sitting. Do you really think that a week worth of hard work is suddenly going to fail because you ate some chocolate one time? Think of this over a year. 52 weeks * 7 days of eating well.. You had 52 days of the entire year where you had chocolate. You obviously will lose weight because you've spent the majority of your time eating less.

:)

Hope I didn't bore you to death! haha

Chad

Great advice! Everyone should read this!
  • InkedBlueStar
    InkedBlueStar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys do much. Chadwick you definitely didn't bore me i really understood. For years i know i wasn't doing this for me. I also know know starving myself and denying myself all foods that I love wasn't really the best way to do it either. You definitely have great advice o think all should here.

Also for all those who offered i would love to add you as friends. I however am extremely not tech savvy and can't figure out how to do so on this app. So if you send me an invitation I will definitely accept. Thank you all.