Why am i not losing weight?

Options
For the last like week ive been eating less and excercising every day and drinking tons of water. in the last three days ive only lost .2 pounds. why arent i loosing weight? help please.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You can't go by the day to day fluctuations, you will be up and down every day. You can fluctuate multiple pounds from one day to the next. Your "official" weigh in should be taken no more frequently than once a week to take into account the fluctuations. Be patient! If you are doing everything right, the weight will come off. You need to give your body time!
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    It depends on:

1) What you're eating.
    2) If you're eating enough.
    3) You. Everyone is different.. not everyone loses equally or at the same rate.
    4) Many other factors.
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It often takes time to start seeing results. Generally 2 or 3 weeks before your body really gets into a groove. And then usually about every 90 days, you need to switch it up (adjusting your diet and/or workout routine) to help avoid hitting those plateaus.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You did lose weight! 2 pounds!
    Also if your body is not used to all this exercising/water its probably just adjusting, keep at it!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the details. You may be eating too little or not eating back your exercise calories. You may be going through a mini plateau as your body adjusts down in size. Hang in there. this is a long journey, not a sprint.
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You did lose weight! 2 pounds!
    Also if your body is not used to all this exercising/water its probably just adjusting, keep at it!

I read it as .2lbs (point 2)
  • IndianaAnna
    IndianaAnna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Could be the time of the month. I have one week every month where I can't lose any weight and I sometimes even gain a pound or pound and a half. Once I realized this was happening the same every month, I felt a lot better.
  • Toots2012
    Toots2012 Posts: 25
    Options
    2lbs in one week, thats about average and healthy as well!
  • mleipe
    mleipe Posts: 54
    Options
    Two pounds in three days is excellent, perhaps even excessive! Just keep at it and be patient.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the details. You may be eating too little or not eating back your exercise calories. You may be going through a mini plateau as your body adjusts down in size. Hang in there. this is a long journey, not a sprint.

Well said!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I thilnk the OP said 0.2 pounds not 2 pounds.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
  • bps71
    bps71 Posts: 5
    Options
    Actually she said POINT2 pounds..

But like everyone here is stating.. it will come.. there are weeks I lose 1 lb and then others I have lost 5 .. there is no exact science to weight loss.. just trial and error... but it will come.. focus on your goal and you will see results.

And Good Luck ..
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    what are your numbers??

To lose one pound = 3500 calories LESS than what you require to maintain. That means you need to figure out what your body requires to maintain it's current weight (here's a good calculator: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm), then you need to cut 500 calories per day from this amount with a combo of diet(eat less) and exercise(burn it off) to lose just one pound per week. 1000 calories per day less to lose 2 lbs. If you are completely honest with the numbers (weigh and measure EVERY thing you put in your mouth and use a heart rate montior to track real calories burned) you will see results. The math works, and is very eye opening when you put it to use.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone but it says point two