Weight training help!!!!

Options
ThreadBanger
ThreadBanger Posts: 5 Member
After weight training :'( I get so sore to the point I will have to go two days without exercising. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. A lot of people experience DOMS. As long as it's just muscle soreness and not the feeling of something being tweaked, it's pretty natural-especially when just beginning weight training or starting a new routine. If you are doing a full body program, having a rest day in between is ideal and most programs call for that. If you are doing body part splits, working legs one day and upper body the next, you should be able to do that program without the rest day-even with DOMs.
  • ThreadBanger
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!! :)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you should do active recovery during those couple days. but yes two days is about the right amount of recovery time. i generally go 3 to 4 days between muscle groups
  • ThreadBanger
    Options
    Thanks!!!! :)
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Your body will adapt to the workouts and become less sore, but you can still run a 3 day a week program and see awesome gains while still having those other 4 to rest and repair!
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Muscle soreness is a good thing. If the pain more in your joints is I have found that my form is not correct and causing strain on tendons. hyper extending a knee on squats or an elbow when curling. Same thing when doing cardio. the wrong adjustment on a stationary bike could cause pain. also never underestimate a good stretch after a workout to loosen up your muscles.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Nope - you should always take at least 2 rest days between weight workouts. Longer as you get older.