Bootcamp

Options
Wow, I had my first bootcamp class last night.
What'a workout.
This is going to be quite a challenging 8 weeks!
I'm so sore, but I have to remember that it's worth it.

Anyone else ever done "bootcamp''?
See any results?

Replies

• pinkobsession
    pinkobsession Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had my first bootcamp class last night.
    What'a workout.
    This is going to be quite a challenging 8 weeks!
    I'm so sore, but I have to remember that it's worth it.

Anyone else ever done "bootcamp''?
    See any results?
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    Yes before i left VA i was taking one 2x a week! For the first 2-3 weeks i was FOR SURE that my death was close :laugh: but i got used to it, and honestly couldnt live w/o it. As far as results go...my endurance picked up obviously, but i actually gained weight!! I know that it was because of strength training had me gain muscle which we all knows weighs more than fat, but it was good to get yourself to the point to lose fat, but i dont take it anymore, and when i do......i cant get my jeans on cuz my muscles are so swollen, when i workout now, i just take things that i learned in the class and kinda do my own version of it that way i dont turn into a body builder......hang in there though! :flowerforyou:
  • pinkobsession
    pinkobsession Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh good, I was thinking I was the only one who thought that death was near haha.
    I signed up for 2 times a week. Im excited to see myself improve though!
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm doing bootcamp as well at my gym, 3 days a week for 6 weeks plus 3 days of cardio. We're in the second week and I've already noticed huge improvements. The first week was super tough. My shoulders were so sore! But I just keep thinking that if I'm seeing improvements and weight loss after only 1 week, then imagine what 6 weeks will bring! I'm up from 10 pushups to 17 now!

Good luck in yours!
  • miasuperstar
    Options
    I think the bootcamp style classes are awesome. One great thing about bootcamp is it generally works with interval training where your bringing your heart rate up close to the max target heart for short periods of time and than going through an active recovery. This burns fat quicker than 30 min on the treadmill with a steady heart rate of 60-70% of you target heart rate ( target heart rate is 220-minus your age). Also, the plyometrics associated with bootcamp are great strategies for burning fat as well. AND....nothing makes you feel better about yourself than feeling strong! Keep at it- its a lot of hard work at first but your body will get used to it!!