Hi Everyone

Options
Hi there! So I was told about this website from my therapist who is also a personal trainer. I have body image issues and trying to fully get past an eating disorder I have had for 8 years. I just started this site like 2 or 3 days ago and I am already finding it quite useful. I am really seeing how much I'm eating and how many calories I'm taking in. It is helping me relearn hunger triggers in my body and eating to live not living to eat. I would love to talk to you guys in getting and giving support because all that matters at the end of the day is we all live our happiest and most healthy lives that we possibly can.

Replies

• bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It really is a great website! I have the same issue, I hate how my body looks yet it seems like I still love to eat ALL the time! I am definitely here to support you. Good luck with every thing!! (:

xoxox
    Bethany
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is great site!!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure you will fall for MFP!!!! I love it!!! You get to meet some very great people. This has pretty much taken over my facebook time . lol.
  • hollagolla
    hollagolla Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too and have been only using it a week but I really like it so far. Finding I can eat a lot of what I like but it prevents over eating of these things and as I cycle to work almost every day I get more calories allocated to the ones i already have.

Just had a weekend away so obviously that isn't very good for counting calories but I'll have no problem getting back on track with it as it does most of the work for me.

Hope everyone is finding it as useful as we are :-)
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You're taking a great step towards your health by using this site. It's one thing to count your calories and watch what you eat, but it's a whole other story when you start receiving the support of the wonderful people on this board. There are many of us who have, or still are, walked the same journey as you. You're not alone and you're in a place where people love on you and believe in you! Feel free to friend me. :smooched:
  • TriciaL73
    TriciaL73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I love this site!!! If you need extra support feel free to send me a friend request. I've been through a lot of the same things you have with eating disorders/body image and all that! The support on this site is amazing!!!! Have a wonderful and positive day!