What are your goal rewards?

Options
Just looking for some ideas. Do you do rewards in small victories or do you do them larger? what are some rewards you want to give yourself for losing weight?

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am half way to my goal weight (and my clothes are really baggy) so I bought myself a new dress.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    a massage!!!! i made it my reward for my larger goal, because last time i had one (at a heavier weight), i was really uncomfortable. i've been wanting (needing!) one but won't go until i'm at least 35 pounds lighter!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have a few mini rewards goin on-

When I reach my first goal (143/142) I'm gettin my hair did! Highlights and all that prettyness- after that probably something simple like a massage or mani/pedi- When I reach my final goal, I'm going dancing!
  • AussieBroad
    AussieBroad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Think I will have be about the small victories... I have such a long way to go!! But am having a mahoosvie reward when I get to target weight!! Not sure what it will be yet but should be fitting for the effort involved !!

:bigsmile:
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I set goals for every 10lbs I lose :)

My little goal rewards can be simple.....a pedi, a new book, a shirt, going to the movies, new sandals, a new nail polish, etc....
    My big reward will be a new wardrobe!!!!! :D I can't wait!!!!!
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I made mine long term things that I would enjoy for a longer time. I am hoping that will remind me as to why I have them and give me yet another reason to keep going down the path that I am on!

So, when I hit ten pounds (2 more to go!), I am going to use my Amazon gift cards to buy the Harry Potter audio book collection
    20 pounds - getting my car windows tinted
    30 pounds - shopping spree!!!!
    My goal is 40 pounds and I'm not sure what I'll do then yet!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Mine were basicially a new outfit or a new pair of shoes (I couldn't believe how much smaller my feet got!). Mostly out of necessity but it sure felt like a reward at the time. :flowerforyou:
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I had only one reward: New clothes which actually fit me. I got them when I was back into 32' jeans (I was either a tight 36 or a baggy 38 when I started here).

I've still got 7lb of vanity weight to loose but I will not go down a jean size again - those 32's are snug (but they fit!).
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I didn't give myself any rewards until I hit 30 pounds..that was 2 new pairs of jeans because what I had was falling off. My 40 pound mark I got my hair highlighted, my 50 pound mark was a tankini bathing suit, (again..the old suit was too big), my 60 pound mark will be a massage, and ultimate goal will be new fall clothes! (again....not really any other choice, b/c I won't have anything to wear if I dont) lol. I started at 246.2 in March of this year and am down to 188.0 as of today. MFP and the support here is just wonderful!!

Remeber: everything in moderation and eat to live, not live to eat! :)
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    This is going to sound corney, but honestly, my reward is being a smaller, healthier person. It's better than any night out, massage, or big screen TV! Plus, I'm saving all my $$ for new clothes when I reach my goal. That's more of a need but I guess a reward as well!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i got 1k sitting in a savings account for me to get a new wardrobe
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    In increments of 10lb lost, my first reward is going to be a new set of workout clothes, followed by Pedicures, manicures, , jewelry, a day at the spa, new clothes, and finally a trip to Australia! :bigsmile:
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    I did my first reward at 15 lbs lost it was chic fil a.... then at 27 lbs cause that was my half way point I had cheese cake factory...im 2.5 lbs away from hitting 40 lbs lost and that reward will be olive garden..giving up fast food and eating out has the been the hardest part of my journey so that;s why I reward myself with a nice night out....once I hit my end goal that is when I will be going on a shopping spree I have been saving money since jan so I can go get a whole new wardobe!!!!!!!!
  • mamahafner
    mamahafner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For me it is all about celebrating my goals just by patting myself on the back. Just being able to feel confident in myself is my reward. I set a goal every 2 weeks and if I reach that goal then I celebrate by feeling acomplished and like I have worked hard. I feel confident. The kicker is that I celebrate even if I didn't reach that goal for the week. I look at myself and say Wow you actually got up and tried your best! You are amazing!! So it's not a tangible celebration but a mental and emotional celebration. Good luck. And don't forget to remind yourself just how amazing you truly are. : D
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    In increments of 10lb lost, my first reward is going to be a new set of workout clothes, followed by Pedicures, manicures, , jewelry, a day at the spa, new clothes, and finally a trip to Australia! :bigsmile:

Oooh take me to Australia with you!

My mini rewards are cute new matching bra/pantie sets (my bum has gotten too small for larges AND mediums!) My end goal was to get a new tattoo, but I decided I needed to lose another 10 pounds so when I get to 165 (original end goal weight) I am getting that tattoo and I haven't decided on a new (155 end goal weight) reward
  • littleleisha
    littleleisha Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I made mine long term things that I would enjoy for a longer time. I am hoping that will remind me as to why I have them and give me yet another reason to keep going down the path that I am on!

So, when I hit ten pounds (2 more to go!), I am going to use my Amazon gift cards to buy the Harry Potter audio book collection
    20 pounds - getting my car windows tinted
    30 pounds - shopping spree!!!!
    My goal is 40 pounds and I'm not sure what I'll do then yet!

the harry potter audio book collection is a wonderful idea!! ive been wanting that forever now!
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Honestly,I haven't thought about it. I wanted to lose 20lbs while on summer break before I went back to work.( I am already half way there and have 10 weeks left) I don't know what I am going to reward myself with though. I think just the thought of being able to wear different clothes is going to be enough for me, at the moment. Also, I hardly see anyone I work with during the summer so by the time school starts back there will be people that will notice the weight loss. Hearing the complements will be my reward!!!!
  • mamahafner
    mamahafner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Jenn728.........as a massage therapist and a massage junkie don't ever feel like you can't enjoy a massage just because of how you look. You are there for healing not for the therapist to judge what you look like. And if you still feel like the person is there to judge you then you need a different therapist. Think of him/her like a Dr. They don't judge you they see you as a patient who needs help to feel better and if they are any good at there job they will be able to make you feel comfortable no matter who you are. So go and enjoy that massage just as you are. : D Oh and try to share your journey with the therapist. It might make you feel more confident.
    : D Good luck!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My first reward was when I got under the 200 lb. mark. I had started at around 230 or more. I bought myself a new outfit. My profile picture is with the new outfit on. My second reward is going to be new underwear (the old ones are baggy, but I need to get down to 180 lbs. first) Seeing some of the rewards of others makes me think I may figure out another goal and get a massage when I hit that goal.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I do mine in 10lb increments
    1st 10 lbs mani Done
    2nd 10 lbs mani and pedi Done
    3rd 10 lbs gym membership Done
    4th 10 lbs some new summer cloths Done
    5th 10 lbs Belly button pierced Almost there
    6th 10 lbs Tattoo Hopefully end of july
    7th 10 lbs Going to the ocean for a wk Hopefully end of Aug