Accupedo not syncing properly with MFP

Options
Hi everyone

I've just started using Accupedo to track my steps and it is now linked to MFP but not all my burned calories show on MFP. I have them both set to the same height and weight etc. For instance right now the tracker says I've burned 452.5 cals but only 292 have synced over. I saw somewhere that it syncs every half hour but it's been like this for a few hours.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Cheers

Replies

• Cody94549
    Cody94549 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue going on. Accupedo shows a specific "kcal" burned, but those calories don't make it to MFP. For instance, yesterday, KCAL=386 ... but MFP only shows 122 ! The Step count is correction in MFP though.

MFP Developers/Support - is this a BUG or what is going on?
  • novembermohn24
    novembermohn24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! Burned almost 400 calories according to Accupedo but only 80 get copied to my food diary.
  • novembermohn24
    novembermohn24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Any help pls?
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I know this is a super old thread (I was searching for another problem I was having with accupedo), but maybe this will be useful to people searching for answers on this topic. There are two things going on here:

1) the cals they are syncing over are the cals you have burned over your BMR, the cals they show in the app are the cals including the BMR. For example, if you walked for an hour the cals shown in the app are the cals you burned while walking + the cals you burn just to keep your body working for an hour (breathing, heart beating etc). I really dislike this about these apps (and most exercise machines) they tell you the amount you burned from your activity plus the BMR so the cals are always too high. The app obviously knows the difference because they are only transferring the difference, so why doesn't it just report the cals-BMR in the app?

2) when accupedo transfers the calories it estimates the cals and BMR for the day and subtracts the total number of cals that MFP says you have burned that day. So if you put in other exercise it subtracts the cals from that exercise from what it adds. This is of course a major flaw and I am now looking for other apps besides accupedo.

I figured this out by clicking (or touching in the MFP app) the Accupedo Pedometer Calorie Adjustment, then touching the Extra Calories Earned, it then tells you explicitly the numbers it is using to adjust your cals.

BMR=Basal Metabolic Rate
  • carpedm1
    carpedm1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that - I came here to ask a very similar question but think I have found my answer. I walk 8 miles every day and MFP gives me approx 480 cals when elsewhere tells me I have 800 cals - now I see why.