ISO: Longer lasting breakfast!

Options
2»

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I generally prefer a smaller breakfast and a midmorning snack. Helps me stay satisfied and avoid unplanned snacking. Lately it's been a spinach egg bake to start and a homemade protein bar later on. Good luck!
  • JohnONE29
    JohnONE29 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal almost every morning, but I have discovered that whole grain oats or steel cut oats, either prepared the old fasioned way, boiled over the stove makes a difference. I used to microwave my oats. I would be hungry 3 hours later. Now I make 1 cup of oats and eat around 6:15 am, and that carries me all the way to 11:30 which is my lunch time at work.
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    A cup of oatmeal, blended into oat flour, an egg and 2/3 cup of water make fantastic pancakes. I put a topping of a mix of a tablespoon of honey, a tablespoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Keeps me good and full until lunchtime.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is one of the least filling things for me. Sometimes I make zoats, oats bulked up with grated zucchini, and that's a little better. Otherwise, I'd do better with NO breakfast as compared to a breakfast of oatmeal.
  • Awesomechic64
    Awesomechic64 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    2 eggs with spinach and cheese in stick with me pretty good!
  • Awesomechic64
    Awesomechic64 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Oatmeal is one of the least filling things for me. Sometimes I make zoats, oats bulked up with grated zucchini, and that's a little better. Otherwise, I'd do better with NO breakfast as compared to a breakfast of oatmeal.

If I eat oatmeal for breakfast I am hungry soon after too. I will have to try zucchinni in it. Thanks for the idea!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Yeah plain instant oats would do that to me, lol. But when I add stuff to them (protein powder, nuts, fruit) it's ok (but I typically need to add 200 calories at least for that). Steel cut oats seem more filling though.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yeah plain instant oats would do that to me, lol. But when I add stuff to them (protein powder, nuts, fruit) it's ok (but I typically need to add 200 calories at least for that). Steel cut oats seem more filling though.

Yeah protein powder helps. I would have to add so much that I can't really justify spending that many calories for breakfast when I can just drink coffee or maybe have a protein bar and be held over until lunch.