Need Some More Motivating Friends!!

Options
Hey All! I could use some more motivating friends. I have been feeling VERY discouraged lately. I have yet to lose any weight for my past 3 weigh-ins...yet I am eating healthy and working out. I also went and had blood work done at the doctors and found out that my cholesterol is much higher than I would like it to be and I am only 23!!! Very upsetting. Now I have to reconfigure my diet to lower my cholesterol. I have just been feeling very frustrated and could use a few new buddies on here to keep me going with this (especially anyone willing to share their low cholesterol food diary!!). Thanks!!!!

Replies

• lozzyrain
    lozzyrain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, I don't have cholesterol problems but would love more friends to help and support and visa versa. I've got 7 weeks to get nearly a stone off so really need to stay motivated. Add me Thanks x
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    How frustrating for you! Have you tracked any measurements? Sometimes you will be at a plateau with weight but your inches will go down. I measure my biceps (arm extended), upper thigh, waist (including the below the belly button bulge), and hips. I have lost about an inch in all areas since I started tracking. It's about half an inch a month.
    I do not have a cholesterol issue, though hubby is borderline so we try to eat low cholesterol foods. I'll send a friend request your way. I may not have much advice, but I'll motivate you as best as I can!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katiejo42
    katiejo42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I could use some motivation! I've decided to start again after quitting a few months back (and subsequently gaining 20lbs!!)
    My sister and hubby were my buddies, but they don't do it anymore, so I really could use the encouragement to stick with it. :blushing:
  • jpetry
    jpetry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Guys,

As you will notice I've lost a great deal of weight of course that's not without my own set of challenges. I know that you will hit a level off at some point and this can be very frustrating. I also know that if you are eating healthy, but eating the same foods or not enough calories your body will go into starvation mode as it's preparing for the future.

Here's my recommendations:
    1. Get a pedometer wear it for 60 days to get an average then start to get your 10,000 steps in.
    2. Eat a high protein meal 100-200 calories within an hour of waking up (this has changed my life around).
    3. Get some children's plates and utensils (you should be taking smaller bites and chewing each bite at least 30 times, do not swallow unless it's the considence of applesauce.)
    4. Arrange your plate to be 1/2 veggies, 1/4 carbs, 1/4 protein (eat in this order: protein, veggies, carbs)

Those are just a few of my hints if you would like more don't hesitate to send me a message. Thanks.
  • ksmittens
    ksmittens Posts: 65
    Options
    Hello..feel free to add me! :-)