Losing for a wedding and a better lifestyle

Options
I've been up and down with my weight all my life, mostly up. I hate to be cliche but now that I am getting married in September, I'm hoping good habits will stick. Why would they stick now when they haven't before? I don't know, but I do know that I need support. I can't do it alone, and although my fiance is supportive, he and I enable eachother in the worst way - the "let's just order pizza" way.

My goals are pretty straightforward. I'm 172 right now, with a goal of losing 25lbs by the wedding, which should be doable in 7 months. More would be nice, but I want to be realistic. As a nurse, I work crazy hours and have a hard time keeping up a routine. I also get back and hip pains and I'm hoping a leaner and stronger body will make my job easier.

Anyone with similar goals who wants to work together and hold eachother accountable?

Replies

• morazacs1991
    morazacs1991 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm in the same boat as you, an RN who works about 4, 12 hour shifts a week and trying to lose weight for the big day in February next year. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • SWellz
    SWellz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Gotta love those 12's
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm a paralegal and planning for my wedding in June. I know I won't be my goal weight, but I want to feel good on the inside, you know? :) Everyone can add me if they'd like!
  • Mizzclairesimister
    Options
    Hi there I'm getting married in September. Feel free to add me, it would be great for us to motivate each other :)
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in august. I have 50 lbs to lose. Add me if you like :)
  • rebelriesling_
    rebelriesling_ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have no date for my wedding as of yet (we have a tentative date) so I'm sweating for the wedding too :)
    I started at 205 on December 28, 2015 and as of this morning weighed in at 182. It's slow going but it's healthier that way! Doing simple things like getting adequate sleep and drinking more water will make a big difference for you :)
    feel free to add me as well ladies :)