Apps

Options
I just am confused on which app to use for weight loss. I want to do it in a safe matter & I hear that there are alot of apps that are good. Can anybody please help me find one that would be good for me? I would appreciate it so much. I have been threw so many dietitions that I don't think it's the right fit for me.

Replies

• mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I like this app. It's easy to track food and exercise and the community support is amazing.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My guess is that most people here use myfitnesspal s app to lose, maintain, or gain weight.

Set up your profile with a correct activity level that does NOT include exercise. Select an appropriate weight loss goal. Recommedations I typically see around here are:
    - no more than 1% of your body weight per week
    Or
    - 25 lbs or less = 0.5 lbs per week
    - 25 to 50 lbs = 1 lb per week or less
    - 50 to 75 lbs = 1.5lbs per week or less
    - 75 lbs + = 2 lbs per week or less

While not necessary, it is also recommend to use a food scale for solids and measuring cups only for liquids.

• RalphtheWeber
    RalphtheWeber Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Avia stride. Walmart for around $45.00 problem is after a month you an wear out the button. have tried contacting the people but so far no reply. I guess you get what you pay for but its still accessible via the phone thru there app. which is also used for a similar band and app.