DietBet

Options
TaraTall
TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
Has anyone used this site before?

I just signed up for a kickstarter to - well - kickstart some additional motivation.

It seems like a neat idea.

Replies

• The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I've done a few, currently in a Transformer game right now. It's fun and the money incentive is nice.
  • JRMJr79
    JRMJr79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Curious....I thought kickstarter was for business ideas
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    JRMJr79 wrote: »
    Curious....I thought kickstarter was for business ideas

It's just the type of dietbet you can sign up for. there's that or transformer.
    Kickstarter is generally 4% weight loss over 4 weeks
    Transformer is a longer term goal. 6 months and each month is broken down to a round ie) 3% loss month 1, 5% cumulative month 2, etc.
  • JRMJr79
    JRMJr79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    oh so Diet bet is the website. I follow now lol
  • Squirrel698
    Squirrel698 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I like DietBet. I did two kickstarters last month and this month I'm doing a transformer. It does add a certain level of stress as I want to make my goals. I suppose that's the point. I need all that money back to pay bills so I really need to stick to it.
  • WeCanLoseItJeff
    WeCanLoseItJeff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    DietBet is awesome! It's so motivational and loaded with wonderful and supportive people...much like many of the people here on MFP! :smiley: I'm currently hosting a 6-month Transformer game of my own and getting set to host a Kickstarter game. Wishing you all the best in reaching your DB goals! :smiley:
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'm thinking about trying this... Sounds like good motivation.