Knotted shoulder/neck

Options
I'm on around day 16 of 30 Day shred level 2 and have got up today to a real tight knotted feel to my left shoulder & left side of the neck, I have had this a few times before even when not exercising. I've rubbed on some tiger balm which has loosened it a bit, but wondering if there are any stretches that would help it loosen back up & should I carry on with my 30DS tonight as usual with my hand weights? Any advice helpful. Thank you! :smile:

Replies

• pamarnold
    pamarnold Posts: 36
    Options
    i get that sometimes. There is a name for it, but it escapes me at the moment. A friend of mine is a licensed massage therapist and she does a deep tissue massage on it when it acts up. She recommends alternating ice and heat on it throughout the day. Also, a great stretch she gave me is to stand in a doorway with your hands on each door jamb slightly lower then shoulder level, then lean forward and bring your shoulder blades together. She said it's caused by 3 things: stress, looking down for hours at a time, and working muscles that aren't used to it. If the 2nd reason is what is causing yours, make sure you take periodic breaks and stretch your neck by placing you hand on the back of your neck and drop your head back. Also neck rolls help. Hope this helps...I know it helps me.