my first nsv!!

Options
martymum
martymum Posts: 413 Member
hi everyone

My own little NSV....I have drunk 2 litres of coke original a day since being a teenager...Thanks to this site and the suport of everyone I have upped my H2O and yesterday was my first totally coke -free day for 20 years!!!

martyxxx

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    WOW! That should really help your health all around!
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    Way to go!! I drink a medium diet coke in the morning and I've been trying to drink water in the afternoons. It's hard!
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    well done! that is great - its so hard to give up but so good for your body to do it
  • katiejo42
    katiejo42 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations. I bet the weight will be dropping of you, and your bones should start hardening up again nicely too. Way to go!
  • mamahafner
    mamahafner Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Just cutting out the soda everyday you will lose a ton of weight. My husband and brother go on soda binges and they gain a ton of weight. Then when they stop they lose it all again. I love water myself. People think I am crazy but I am a water snob. LOL Enjoy. : D
  • cafh1
    cafh1 Posts: 8
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow, now that's a victory! Congratulations! I think your body will be thankful!
  • blackchick41bb
    Options
    i use to be the same way,now i crave for water and drink coke 0 once a week.give yourself a hug
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    That really is great. My mother drinks coke like it's water. I've been telling her to cut back for years.
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's awesome -- all those calories saved, think of what you can EAT!

Good job -- giving up caffeine addiction is HARD!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    Way to go! It will be 1 year on July 6 since I've had a soda or any other drink with caffeine.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. Doesn't success make you feel great?
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Start!!!! Soda is a LOT of empty calories and will rot your teeth!

If your not a big fan of water, flavor it.....crystal light, MIO, lemon, limes, propel zero.
  • bethany_22
    bethany_22 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! It will really help your health. Just take it one day at a time. And don't forget that for a treat once a week you can always have ONE glass of coke. That way you don't have to give it up completely, but you are helping your health. (:
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the positive replies..I literally have tears in my eyes at the support:happy:

I have decided to limit myself to buying one can a week for friday night as we make home-made pizza that night and anchovies are really salty...but I feel really smug today:bigsmile: ...lol

martyxxx
  • emciriaco
    emciriaco Posts: 41
    Options
    FABULOUS!!! That's a HUGE win for you!!! I've never been a soda drinker, myself, but a married into a family of them, and let me tell you - it's TOUGH to break that habit! Good for you!!!
  • Roo1026
    Roo1026 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Thats a big step and you did it!!!!!
  • clipperty
    clipperty Posts: 9
    Options
    Thats fantastic. I too am a coke addict drinking at least 2 litres a day. I am now up to over 2 weeks without a full fat coke passing my lips, in fact in that time I have only had three diet soda drinks just to take away the craving.. Keeping going, you can do this xx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!