Triathletes! Suit question!

Options
I just did my first sprint tri and wore my regular one piece nike swimsuit then put on my bike shorts and wore the swimsuit w/ bike shorts for bike and run. I didn't want to spend the $ on a tri suit until I knew I was going to stick with it. I decided I am definitely sticking with it!

So what should I look for in a good tri suit? What are the really convenient features and what are some I should pass on? One piece or two piece? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• nakarinna
    nakarinna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first tri! I just did my first sprint in April, so I'm hardly an expert. However, I did spring for the suit since I figured I would do at least a few races this season. Mine is a one-piece. Mobility and weight are probably the key features. You don't want anything that's gonna restrict your motion or stay weight. Transparency can be an issue with such a thin fabric, so if you're trying suits on in a store, you might want to check that out. Nice things about my suit are a front zipper (so that you don't need help getting out of it), and two small pockets on the back to store gels during the race. I have no experience with a two-piece suit, although I imagine it would be easier to get out of. Hope that helps!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Thanks! What brand is yours?
  • nakarinna
    nakarinna Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's a Louis Garneau comp suit.